Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

That does sound like him. 

Haha it’s true too.  Can find positives in anything if you look at it.  My wife hates it… like I’m glad the flat tire hit in a beautiful scenic part of the road honey… “at least we get to enjoy this view for a while!” :lol:  Some people have it, some don’t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha it’s true too.  Can find positives in anything if you look at it.  My wife hates… like I’m glad the flat tire hit in a beautiful scenic part of the road… “at least we get to enjoy this view for a while!” :lol:  Some people have it, some don’t.

1499441978_image.jpg

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Is this anything like the super bowl storm 2015? Seems like that was originally modeled to be a mess and then went cold as we closed in 

I think that was more of a SWFE that turned Miller-Bish. This is more 1994 style overrunning.  I did think of that storm though...funny you mentioned that. 

We had a couple of deals in 1994 where these overrunning deals slammed into an arctic high. For instance at the old air base in South Weymouth (KNZW) they reported heavy snow and sleet with a temp of like 18F. LOL. Basically is was synoptic sleet and heavy snow from OE. GFS wasn't far from that....but in any case...that's why we joke about that. That guy Wilton Felder is a jazz musician who's sound track reminds us of watching those old forecast on the 8s with that music in the background during that winter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha it’s true too.  Can find positives in anything if you look at it.  My wife hates it… like I’m glad the flat tire hit in a beautiful scenic part of the road honey… “at least we get to enjoy this view for a while!” :lol:  Some people have it, some don’t.

Yes agreed.

But as Morgan Freeman says in Shawshank, "Every man has his breaking point".....sometimes you just start downing the scotch at 4am and look at 09z ARW runs wondering why Stowe displaced to Boston.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes agreed.

But as Morgan Freeman says in Shawshank, "Every man has his breaking point".....sometimes you just start downing the scotch at 4am and look at 09z ARW runs wondering why Stowe displaced to Boston.

:lmao:    Downing the Scotch at 4am. Showing up plastered to work and then downing nips on the Quad.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes agreed.

Breaking point was that January a couple of years ago (2015?) when we had below normal temps, above normal precip and below normal snow.  Every event that month seemed perfectly timed to screw us. 

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I only joke about it because I envy it. :) 

It's hard for me to slow down and just take in the scenery for sure. Something to work on.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yes agreed.

I just pull up the daily snow tally for the mountain for 2015-2016 and everything is much better in the world.

Once broken enough you don't get it back, ha. 

Just now, mreaves said:

Breaking point was that January a couple of years ago (2015?) when we had below normal temps, above normal precip and below normal snow.  Every event that month seemed perfectly timed to screw us. 

That was Jan 2014....brutal month up there. Above average precip and frigid temps, yet it was mostly rain when the precip fell, lol. Even though we had more snow down, I hated that month....those cutters were just awful. I had these slabs of ice that got really bad on the walk and driveway because even though the cutters were torches, they didn't last long enough to make the glaciers melt.

Thankfully it got way better that next month in Feb 2014.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I seriously can't stop laughing. :lol:  Just hit me right.  Just picturing him in 2015 slurring as he navigates PSU ewall and clicks on the 09z hi res runs. 

I just went into my 2014-2015 winter folder to look at some images....and I'm not kidding that this was in there:

Powderfreak_toasterbath.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7