Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I just pull up the daily snow tally for the mountain for 2015-2016 and everything is much better in the world.

Once broken enough you don't get it back, ha. 

That's actually a good way to look at it. I do that sometimes when it's been awful here...I'll say "at least this isn't the late 1980s/early 1990s when ORH went 4 consecutive seasons without a 10"+ snowfall.....nothing was as bad as that".

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's actually a good way to look at it. I do that sometimes when it's been awful here...I'll say "at least this isn't the late 1980s/early 1990s when ORH went 4 consecutive seasons without a 10"+ snowfall.....nothing was as bad as that".

Do you actually say it that way in your head? LOL

I could see that for sure.

Just now, PhineasC said:

Do you actually say it that way in your head? LOL

I could see that for sure.

Yeah, I'll usually say to myself "stop bitching and whining about first world weather problems, you did the worst 4 consecutive seasons on record when you were 7 to 10 years old, you can handle a crappy month or two"

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Slurring on the morning snow report, mumbling and rambling incoherently haha.

Newsletter starts off like this:

"Hey assholes, I guess you thought you'd come here to no-snow Stowe to ski in your fancy ski pants and hats? Well think again! We ain't got any snow man. It sucks... it just sucks so bad... I feel so alone here. Oh please god it needs to snow."

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ha right, you can use any perspective to shape your mindset.  I mean can also pull up photos of like Lake Tahoe's big storms earlier this season and be like "wow, it sucks where we live, just never snows and it's all just nuisance level snowfall."   Tippy can probably explain the psychoanalyst side better :lol:.  

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Ha right, you can use any perspective to shape your mindset.  I mean can also pull up photos of like Lake Tahoe's big storms earlier this season and be like "wow, it sucks where we live, just never snows and it's all just nuisance level snowfall."   Tippy can probably explain the psychoanalyst side better :lol:.  

Aww, look at your cute 50" snow pack

deep-snow-lake-tahoe.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Newsletter starts off like this:

"Hey assholes, I guess you thought you'd come here to no-snow Stowe to ski in your fancy ski pants and hats? Well think again! We ain't got any snow man. It sucks... it just sucks so bad... I feel so alone here. Oh please god it needs to snow."

It's like Will Ferrell in Blades of Glory when he's hammered drunk doing the kids' ice show wearing a costume, all depressed, crushing kid's dreams and rambling until he pukes.

• Haha 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

Poor Tahoe is in kind of rough shape after the huge Dec.   The base at Alpine had 2" for January.  6" at 8k'.  And a lot of warm California sunshine.  Probably decent bumps at least.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Those storms that turn to rain or just winters that suck....I kind of use regression. Like, I am due for another 495 pound job while I drip. Yeah of course it sucks, but it got me through 2/2/21. I knew it was coming, and I knew I was due for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radarman said:

Poor Tahoe is in kind of rough shape after the huge Dec.   The base at Alpine had 2" for January.  6" at 8k'.  And a lot of warm California sunshine.  Probably decent bumps at least.

If you had to pick a clunker month out there, a warmish January after a record-breaking December would be the way to do it....you can enjoy the obscene base depths without having to bundle up. Kind of like skiing on corn up here in late March after an epic month or two.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, radarman said:

And N.VT feels snowy again in comparison!  :lol:.  That is pretty rough but at least out there if it doesn't snow it's not like brutal cold and the sun is probably out 98% of the time.  Probably like a month of skiing like VT gets in the spring.

Just now, Lava Rock said:

lol, I read that fast and was like huh, no way.:lol:

As long as it doesn't complete rat out there through the end of season they will be riding in shorts in July........the spring out there is about as good as it gets - that mid April afternoon beer break is about as good as it gets.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Working on #2 here w/o a 10"+ and 19-20 topped out with 10.3" - after the equinox.  On the other hand, it looks lovely outside, the pack reached 20" and deer have been in our yard chomping on apples.  (And on the apple trees, not so good.)