• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday AM Jan 20 Anafront snow threat.

Sey-Mour Snow

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Wouldn't have minded a 2 hour delay this morning.  Our school driveway (long, uphill) and parking lot were extremely icy

I guess it was a difficult call for schools. I was thinking a delay here but in reality, I expect roads will be worse 2 hours from now than they currently are.

Snow started sticking at about 33.6 degrees.  Moderate snow low visibility snow sticking to everything including main roads.  32.2 now may get an inch or so based on radar..  Pack refresher for the moderate cold and dry weather until at least Tuesday.  

Anyone notice how even the cold snaps have trended Meh, this was supposed to be the really cold stretch and we are looking at highs 20-30 with lows 5-15. That just average cold meh

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I was told there were multiple events coming in the next week,

Maybe a period of light snow Sunday night? The Tuesday clipper redeveloper , then day 10 as the pattern flips 6z gfs has something big could be the classic big storm as the pattern shifts but this year I doubt it.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Mesos definitely busted as being too cold though. We are behind temp wise.

Models always seem to be too aggressive (quick) in these cases. Maybe it's because of oceanic influences, but there seems to be a developing lag between FROPA's and rate of temperature decrease.

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

In the last 30 minutes or so things have whitened up nicely. Main road still wet but side street coated.

Roads are slippery can hear wheels spinning coming up my hill. Helicopter parents will be the first ones to go for a bus drivers head if they slipped off the road with a bus fill of elementary school kids. Things go downhill fast.