• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

25 minutes ago, Greg said:

That's actually off a little bit based upon the LE map we just saw if you scroll above. Go out to about 70 hours then do the 24-Hour total for snow, the map will match up better. Can't have 4.4" of snow in Lowell with a 10-1 ratio and 0.5" LE unless the temperature is above 32F based on that output.

You can't go back or forward, Your out of the snow that's max at hr 54, 60 is 4.4" hr 66 is 3.3" .

3 hours ago, kdxken said:

Same for Massachusetts. Shutesbury? Who even knows where that is?

Anyone from ENE north of Boston that went to UMass knows exactly where Shutesbury is. Has one main road that's the perfect cut through to get to Rt. 2 from Amherst.

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

My friends lived there when they went to Umass, used to go there all the time, good snow spot.

That little town is awesome! The topography is really neat. At the bottom of the road it's like 300 ft ASL. Go up the road heading east and goes up to about 1,200 ft ASL and the weather reflects it. IDK how many times I had rain or wet heavy snow in Amherst and a quick drive to Shutesbury cured my snow needs. 

They were also hit pretty hard in the Dec 08 icestorm. Was just as bad as some places in the northern Worcester Hills while 2 miles to the west in Amherst (and surrounding areas) was rain.

If I was forced to live out there, Shutesbury would be at the top of the list.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

You can't go back or forward, Your out of the snow that's max at hr 54, 60 is 4.4" hr 66 is 3.3" .

Then if that is true the temperature would have to be a ratio that would be poor to dendrite formation. The temp here in Wilmington would be 29F or something like that. Doesn't make too much sense to me. :huh:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You look good on that run.  I like being where the QPF gradient is, that's often where mid-level banding finds itself for whatever reason.  That QPF map leads one to envision a band paralleling the Maine coastline somewhere on the Plain, and then curling into SNE.  Good slug of precip to it's east and a sharper than modeled drop off to its west.

Its bc the model QPF is mainly from low level fronto, as it struggles with mid levels, which is usually what occurs near edge of low level QPF field. But we need the mid levels to get going a touch sooner in order to toss the moisture back there. 

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic