• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Greg said:

You don't want this thing to start coming too close, not that I'm personally worried, but anymore and the smell of taint starts entering into the conversation.

Not here it doesn’t. And if it did there this seems like a type of setup where it would flip right back to snow from west to east. You know, the positioning. 

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

Not here it doesn’t. And if it did, this seems like a type of setup where it would flip right back to snow from west to east. You know, the positioning. 

Where you are in CT is fine, you just need a little more quantity, but where Taunton is, he better stop wishing for large jumps NW. 

1 minute ago, Greg said:

You don't want this thing to start coming too close, not that I'm personally worried, but anymore and the smell of taint starts entering into the conversation, especially near you.

I'm not worried about any taint.  The way this is evolving/maturing is a late bloomer, which would actually lead to a colder overall outcome.

• Like 1

I’d like to dismiss any untoward changes in modeling and evolution as we are 30h out…. But clearly this system is challenging to models…. Is it because blocking somewhere isn’t strong as we’d like? 

it’s shifty. My fear is a jump back east but if that happened it would go down as one of the more erratic model jobs I’ve ever seen.

1 minute ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I’d like to dismiss any untoward changes in modeling and evolution as we are 30h out…. But clearly this system is challenging to models…. Is it because blocking somewhere isn’t strong as we’d like? 

it’s shifty. My fear is a jump back east but if that happened it would go down as one of the more erratic model jobs I’ve ever seen.

We have had some awful model jobs, this isn’t one though. 

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That's good, They need a team leader when stuff starts to go to sh it, So i think Bob would be a better fit, We know how you roll, All the troops would perish on your watch.

Scooter loves his weenie tickled through and through by snow but I’ve moved on to more sophisticated tastes.  He’s a true heir to the throne.

13 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Give me an example. Something modern in terms of current tech.

Depends. Busts can be very imby centric, I have too many to list, so I won’t go there. If we zoom out, there have been several smaller events recently where models were very erratic and shat the bed. We don’t remember those but I know Will does.

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Biggest issue with conditions like that is med compliance. I have worked with that population alot and the psychotropic meds have some nasty, nasty side effects, unfortunately. 

They sure do. Number one for Antipsychotics for me is Akathisia.

my akathisia is so bad because I ALSO have ADHD. Stimulants help reduce the akathisia for me because they increase dopamine, but seriously the best way I deal with it… is I just take my antipsychotics at night, and my Vyvanse by day. Having both ADHD and a schizophrenic type illness means too much dopamine in some regions of the brain and not enough in others. That makes side effects of schizophrenia meds like akathisia even worse.

the key to everything staying together for me…. Control of self medication problems, medication adherence, overall functionality… is the stimulant.

There are lots of people who are anti psych and have tried to get me to go off my meds.  They’re like antivaxxers. Obviously I don’t listen to them but it still makes me mad. I grew up taking stimulants… and now I need antipsychotics I cannot stop them, there is no good reason to stop them, and plenty of reasons why not to. there are also some who say schizophrenics shouldn’t take stimulants but for many including myself these help with negative symptoms like depression, happiness and emotional integrity.

I won’t talk about all this again on here but now everyone knows my deal and why I’m a little weird. Be nice and I’ll try not to break the rules.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Biggest issue with conditions like that is med compliance. I have worked with that population alot and the psychotropic meds have some nasty, nasty side effects, unfortunately. 

Very True. It’s why I always urge folks struggling with mental health to meditate. I know it sounds cheesy to meditate…but it helped me when I battled issues for 15yrs.

• Like 2

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic