• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

Only has like 4-6 inches here but that euro run is closer to a bigger hit. Get those .7s and .8s for QPF farther west and this becomes a big storm really quickly. I do think the models are underestimating the westward extent of the QPF due to feedback issues and chasing convection.  Also with ratios (I read that the snow growth profile was expected to be really good with this event, so 12:1 or better is likely), it’s realistic that we see a widespread 8-12 with an iso 12-16 regardless of what the snow maps currently say.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ah shit you’re right.  Didn’t realize it was raining down there.  My bad for sure.  I’ll delete other post.  Here’s the snow storm.

A74820C2-8742-4714-B832-49BFAEAC0772.thumb.png.5aa0df3729b91f2672656a8bb44bb022.png

The snow clown will just have the snow for the 7th i believe seeing everyone saw rain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

He should be punished, I bet he still found some meh in that run.

You look good on that run.  I like being where the QPF gradient is, that's often where mid-level banding finds itself for whatever reason.  That QPF map leads one to envision a band paralleling the Maine coastline somewhere on the Plain, and then curling into SNE.  Good slug of precip to it's east and a sharper than modeled drop off to its west.

• Like 3

Just now, powderfreak said:

You look good on that run.  I like being where the QPF gradient is, that's often where mid-level banding finds itself for whatever reason.  That QPF map leads one to envision a band paralleling the Maine coastline somewhere on the Plain, and then curling into SNE.  Good slug of precip to it's east and a sharper than modeled drop off to its west.

How much for Stowe? 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How much for Stowe? 

1-3".  Some upslope snow showers.  Still snow on the trees has kept it wintry, high of 32F today helped.  Much better than the single digits and below zero cold of recent days.  We rely on some weak moisture and NW flow for this system on the backside.  Ratios likely help as it's cold aloft.  Maybe J.Spin and favored calm fluffer locations pull 4"?

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yes, Here's 24 hr totals, 10:1.

floop-ecmwf_full-2022010518.sn10_024h.us_ne.gif

That's actually off a little bit based upon the LE map we just saw if you scroll above. Go out to about 70 hours then do the 24-Hour total for snow, the map will match up better. Can't have 4.4" of snow in Lowell/Lawrence with a 10-1 ratio and 0.5" LE unless the temperature is above 32F based on that output.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I liked it as soon as i saw more ridging out ahead when it was getting to NE, Just that last minute curl back taking that low over the tip of NS instead of east of it makes a big difference here, I'm very track sensitive sitting back at lat 44 so i need as much longtitude i can get before it scoots ENE or NNE

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic