• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

8 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not sure you can discern any sustained trend from the Antonio Brown of the NWP suite.

:lmao:

8 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

The ups and downs in this place should really be studied by a professional. 

Yes.

8 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

4CA65C1F-5766-4B53-8A94-92B17F8EC662.jpeg

7 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Lets go for the worst winter ever

Evening, officer

7 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why are you upset at all of SNE getting 4-8”? I honestly don’t get it 

:lol:

6 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Nice call Seymour Butts

Officer Seymour Butts

6 hours ago, JC-CT said:

add it to the "6 inches for Boston" group

Oh yes, we've had so much snow. 

6 hours ago, George001 said:

In my area the Canadian and RGEM are already nearly at the low end of that, if we get a 50 mile tick NW with the low on all guidance that would make a huge difference. That’s what I’m banking on.

Sometimes wish casting works. 

5 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Except when a back door is coming , right .

Haha.. Kev... Back door 

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Might be some bridge-jumping this run....it looks even flatter than the clunker 12z solution.

Round and round we go

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's making an 18-wheeler right turn to the left.

58 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

18z gfs was a good start to trying to get rid of the eastern outliers. That looked better aloft too. 

Wheels on the bus.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just cracked 2nd double . Work has been insanity with Covid test sales .  It’s all I live , sleep and breathe . There’s no keeping up . For a common cold 

Anybody like whiskey? That’s what I got now. Woodford. Great deal on a 200ml down the road. Only bought enough for a few. I had a decent day at work but it was wet and I was outside, and some folks don’t behave the way that I think that they’re supposed to. Sometimes people get really creepy, outdated, and inaccurate. I’m not talkin mean customers. I’m talkin bout weirdos. 

And my layers of mental disability, despite my genius, limit me to 25-30 hour workweeks. You say you live to work. That would kill me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just enjoy this one. It will cover the landscape for most so get out and play with your kids or play alone if you don’t have any. Go for a walk, eat a gummy or smoke a J…whatever tickles you. Just don’t get too drunk and black out like a bald jogger. Bigger events will come…they always do. 

At a quick glance i thought you said to play with yourself if you don't have any, But i guess not.

• Haha 2

Last "winter" after we got about 2.5 inches of snow, I resolved to buy one of LLBeans extra large commercial grade snow tubes in a quite fetching red plaid. It of course didn't snow any more than that all winter, and the thing got massively back ordered. It arrived in October this year, and was one of the more willfully hopeful things I've ever purchased.

I am happy to have enough snow to sled on with my kid. That's it.

It's mostly for me honestly. The kid just makes it socially acceptable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Anybody like whiskey? That’s what I got now. Woodford. Great deal on a 200ml down the road. Only bought enough for a few. I had a decent day at work but it was wet and I was outside, and some folks don’t behave the way that I think that they’re supposed to. Sometimes people get really creepy, outdated, and inaccurate. I’m not talkin mean customers. I’m talkin bout weirdos. 

And my layers of mental disability, despite my genius, limit me to 25-30 hour workweeks. You say you live to work. That would kill me.

He posts here all day-no wonder he’s behind schedule at work!  But between covid keeping a lot of people home and he being in the covid business he’s banking it.  Next gtg he buys everyone a Woodford round-good stuff btw.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

Last "winter" after we got about 2.5 inches of snow, I resolved to buy one of LLBeans extra large commercial grade snow tubes in a quite fetching red plaid. It of course didn't snow any more than that all winter, and the thing got massively back ordered. It arrived in October this year, and was one of the more willfully hopeful things I've ever purchased.

I am happy to have enough snow to sled on with my kid. That's it.

It's mostly for me honestly. The kid just makes it socially acceptable.

You’re in a good spot for this one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You e been really quiet outside of E Ma. What are your thoughts other areas .. W MA , Ray, CT ? Midlevels , Bandung , ratios 

Deeper into interior is a tougher call. I do think at least advisory snows are likely due to the weenie banding early in the event…but I’m not sure about later on. My gut is this ticks closer in near the vort and everyone ends up getting more than currently shown, but we’ll see. It’s a hard forecast…if I was forecasting for my old clients in ORH county and Union CT then I’d prob be saying 3-5” but telling them to look for updates as there is more uncertainty than usual with higher amounts possible. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Deeper into interior is a tougher call. I do think at least advisory snows are likely due to the weenie banding early in the event…but I’m not sure about later on. My gut is this ticks closer in near the vort and everyone ends up getting more than currently shown, but we’ll see. It’s a hard forecast…if I was forecasting for my old clients in ORH county and Union CT then I’d prob be saying 3-5” but telling them to look for updates as there is more uncertainty than usual with higher amounts possible. 

Ok cool . Thanks . The 1-2” inch calls for CT are mind boggling 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic