• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean how many times have we seen that and it goes from offshore to a local jack....or am 18" storm here to 6"-->rain with a jack near Albany. Maybe this one is different...but I just feel like it comes west.

Oh we know there's a bias keeping the QPF too close to the low center for one. But even the 12z GFS has a decent banding signal from central LI through BOS despite what it's QPF/snow output shows.

1 hour ago, wxsniss said:

The big holdouts we need to see cave are GFS and 12k NAM, which at the moment are in good agreement with each other but nothing else.

What I see as continuing discordance between strength/placement of that vorticity and SLP on the 18z 12k NAM make me think we'll see trends for better this evening.

18z GFS showing signs of caving, and even so still could be better given that vorticity strength/placement but it struggles with low placement and conveyor mechanics because of that lead convection.

Consensus is growing, and I still think there is potential for more NW trends.

StormTotalSnowWeb1_Jan5_5pm.thumb.jpeg.e262e4dde23fa9a64a74f27710ea0f1d.jpeg

Just now, wxsniss said:

18z GFS showing signs of caving, and even so still could be better given that vorticity strength/placement but it struggles with low placement and conveyor mechanics because of that lead convection.

Consensus is growing, and I still think there is potential for more NW trends.

StormTotalSnowWeb1_Jan5_5pm.thumb.jpeg.e262e4dde23fa9a64a74f27710ea0f1d.jpeg

This map seems fine

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic