• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

We've been calling for the NW trend and a GFS cave for days now, despite skepticism.

The OTS tracks simply did not make sense with the position/strength of vorticity and trough.

Never wavered from 3-6/4-8 since weekend, and there is still potential for more as I think that lead convection is still mucking up the low positioning and best conveyor mechanics on guidance.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don’t think it’s done yet either. Model guidance is trying to rip this closer to the vortmax. It still tries to escape east a bit on some of these runs even though they are a lot better. 

We're right on track for another bump or two NW followed by the messenger shuffle late to leave us right about where we are now.

6 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Here's my new map. 

I see that :weenie: poking in from RI.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Meditation though isn’t wearing a brown robe and remaining still for 2hrs in a seated position. I do it while driving, in a meeting, in the morning while eating breakfast. It’s become part of my daily routine. But yea, mindfulness can be enhanced in a variety of ways not just meditation. It’s good to see folks get after it. 

One more earlier tick with h7 closing off and ema tickles a foot.

I have issues with impulsive control and attention span after years of booze and mental health issues, so in my mind, anything that gets me to focus and block out the noise for a protracted duration of time is a mindfulness exercise for me..focusing on not killing myself squatting well over 300lbs, and spending hours on end researching and writing winter outlooks does that for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

We're right on track for another bump or two NW followed by the messenger shuffle late to leave us right about where we are now.

I see that :weenie: poking in from RI.

Wouldn't take much to do it with some nice frontogenesis and even a bit of a MAUL. Relatively deep DGZ. When someone gets 0.6" of liquid and 15:1 kinda rates...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I mean, I hope it continues until this is riding over SE MA as nature intended, but we'll see.

It should still have some west tics left though, We've cleared up a couple issues that was sending this east, The s/w rounding the base was weaker  yesterday and earlier today on some models but that's amped up on 18z runs and now at 0z.

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Wouldn't take much to do it with some nice frontogenesis and even a bit of a MAUL. Relatively deep DGZ. When someone gets 0.6" of liquid and 15:1 kinda rates...

Clicking around some GFS soundings there are decent lapse rates over the interior just above the DGZ, even absent a MAUL. It would take much to really make the most of that.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have issues with impulsive control and attention span after years of booze and mental health issues, so in my mind, anything that gets me to focus and block out the noise for a protracted duration of time is a mindfulness exercise for me..focusing on not killing myself squatting well over 300lbs, and spending hours on end researching and writing winter outlooks does that for me.

That’s the ticket.

Writing long informative screeds online 

• Haha 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic