• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Another sh*t model.  When everything was mucked up they were all in on the west train/stronger system idea, now as things are becoming clear they jump the opposite way. Toss em for sure. 

But I don’t have the Kuchera ratio on that. Add 25 per cent to your output snowfall

6 minutes ago, Greg said:

"But I don’t have the Kuchera ratio on that. Add 25 per cent to your output snowfall"

I never use the Kuchera, I found it exaggerates the fluff factor potential a little too much.

Oh sorry. I just want to find a way to make it better.

See I’m a little traumatized still from November 2018. A blizzard was forecast for Iowa and Illinois and 4 days out it looked like it was gonna be a 9 inch blast. Until to my horror, the model runs subsequently shifted southeast until Des Moines was just outside the north cutoff. 30 miles to our south had 18 inches at Osceola. 6 inches even one county tier down. I saw a few flakes and that was it.

10 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Oh sorry. I just want to find a way to make it better.

See I’m a little traumatized still from November 2018. A blizzard was forecast for Iowa and Illinois and 4 days out it looked like it was gonna be a 9 inch blast. Until to my horror, the model runs subsequently shifted southeast until Des Moines was just outside the north cutoff. 30 miles to our south had 18 inches at Osceola. 6 inches even one county tier down. I saw a few flakes and that was it.

Now that my friend, would piss me off to. :yikes:

Differences from 12z looks to me noise

In fact, this run continues the Euro 6z/18z || 0z/12z waffle, with the former more robust. That has been going on for over a day now... must reflect something about how these are run. So expect 6z to come in more robust again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, that is how I consider it. Off hours are always more amped.

Yeah it didn't change much.  But i think it comes even closer than 18Z when it's all said and done.  I'm not waiting up for 6Z NAM.  Got to prepare for early rising Friday to see it snowing.  That's what it's come to this year.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Is it weird how everyone just checked out tonight lol…..as a veteran here I get it…..the “this is it for the season” idea looms very big……that’s gonna suck lol

If a 6” snowstorm is all we see for the season, that’ll be an all time low at least for my generation 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic