• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m pretty surprised and disappointed west trends didn’t materialize. I think we are out of time. This event is what it is at this point 

You have the gall to shine about being *directly in the CROSSHAIRS* of where the most snow is going to fall. For the love of all that is holy.... ENOUGH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I wake up, see this post and think everything went to crap. I then see I’m under a WSW for 5-8” and WeatherBug shows 6-10”. I go back a page and see that the GFS is a good storm. Man, we need to be more positive. 

Anyone just waking up and lurking: storm is on. Our weather board is mentally deranged. Including myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I never said a storm wasn’t coming. It’s just disappointing this just can’t get over the hump.

The storm track for an approaching coastal low pressure system
is beginning to become more clear. At this time it appears as
though this system will pass just south and east of the 40N/70W
benchmark. This will support accumulating snowfall for almost
all of southern New England. At this time it appears as though
the heaviest snowfall will be over southeastern MA. Consulting
mesoscale model guidance a respectable low-level frontogenesis
band extending southwest to northeast is expected to set up
somewhere over The Cape and Islands. We generally expect
heaviest snowfall just to the northwest of these frontogenetic
features. Hence, the expectation that southeastern MA will see
the brunt of this snowfall.
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I never said a storm wasn’t coming. It’s just disappointing this just can’t get over the hump.

The vast majority, 95%+ of winter storms never get over the hump to a historic or major snowfall. Especially when looking at this from for example the last 50 years. We have had an active period that has skewed everyone's mental expectations of winter. We have a strong snowstorm on the way and you are waffling run to run. When you drive a car, you're looking at the road in front of you, not staring at the windshield wipers going side to eyes. Steady the mental ship. 

The reason why I make sure to be kinda mean about this topic, is because if you get snow, I generally do too. But if I was sitting up just far north and west to miss this storm completely, I would hate you. I am trying to make you see it from that Individuals perception. 

• Thanks 2

SE of benchmark , Meh. Back to se mass system with advisory for others still looking hopeful but not guaranteed. Lots of bias and spiking last nite before 0z euro and 6z suite .

I would anticipate this will tickle again in any direction the next 18 hours .

also the maps will tickle down by noon unless 12z tickles back west , if you can’t see that your too emotionally involved 

watch the 12z HREF and see if it hangs on to the 0z last nite look 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

SE of benchmark , Meh. Back to se mass system with advisory for others still looking hopeful but not guaranteed. Lots of bias and spiking last nite before 0z euro and 6z suite .

I would anticipate this will tickle again in any direction the next 18 hours .

also the maps will tickle down by noon unless 12z tickles back west , if you can’t see that your too emotionally involved 

You're still in ASH right? I don't blame you for being unexcited at all. BTW we gotta catch up on messenger soon. Plenty to talk about in markets... I made 700% on a QQQ put yesterday. Lol

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic