• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Greg said:

The CMC is a warning to us that there's a limit to how far north and west this can come. People need to keep that in the back of their collective minds.

I think it’s a reminder that cmc is an awful model even if it happens to get this right.  The only thing limiting the trend is time remaining.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

The CMC is never a warning…it’s only a sign that it’s a lousy model period. 

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think it’s a reminder that cmc is an awful model even if it happens to get this right.  The only thing limiting the trend is time remaining.

This may be true but still, it shows us what can happen.

• Weenie 1

The Canadian is still 4-6 in eastern mass at 10:1 ratios (and other guidance like the NAMis more aggressive with 6-8). I’ve read that when taking the snow growth profile into account it’s possible we could see 15:1 or even as high as 20:1 in heavy banding. If the higher snow ratios end up panning out, even if QPF isn’t crazy high the snow totals would be higher than expected, like during the superbowl storm last year. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I had us and still do for 2-4”. 0z has been good no doubt but I’ll need another cycle to confirm the bump to 4-6”.

I think we are good and solid for 4” for sure with the way this is shaping up. Maybe we bump up a bit too like you said if the next cycle comes in nice? 

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

The Canadian is still 4-6 in eastern mass at 10:1 ratios (and other guidance like the NAMis more aggressive with 6-8). I’ve read that when taking the snow growth profile into account it’s possible we could see 15:1 or even as high as 20:1 in heavy banding. If the higher snow ratios end up panning out, even if QPF isn’t crazy high the snow totals would be higher than expected, like during the superbowl storm last year.

I really don't think we will get a 15-20:1 ratio, but 12-13:1 is not totally out of the question. Need to keep things on the reasonable side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

You left us?   Back to EE land?

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Holy shit!  How you been my friend?

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Where are you? YOU are MISSED

Hi friends. You are missed, too. Moved back to New Jersey last year. Long story. Important part is I’m ****ing thriving. Twenty minutes from the beach. The winters down here won’t do, though, so I figure I’ll need a cabin at some point. I’ll be in Mass every now and again for work; will send up a flare. Anyhow, don’t want to muck up a good thread with my rambling. This one looks ripe for good ol’ Ess Enn EEe. 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Well UKMET is a miss.

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

Just like I pointed out recently. :rolleyes:

Another sh*t model.  When everything was mucked up they were all in on the west train/stronger system idea, now as things are becoming clear they jump the opposite way. Toss em for sure. 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Another sh*t model.  When everything was mucked up they were all in on the west train/stronger system idea, now as things are becoming clear they jump the opposite way. Toss em for sure. 

The GFS correcting west is a big red flag for the eastern end of the envelope 

• Like 2

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic