• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, Pluffmud said:

Are we really arguing semantics here? The east side of the bay is the RI/ Mass line. Just let it go dude.

Yes, we are really arguing petty semantics about geography, that's about 10% of what this board does, near as I can figure it. I'm not really that invested, however, you are wrong.

The east bay is Little Compton, Tiverton, Bristol, Warren, Barrington, and Riverside. 

My take.  These off hour waffles on the models is maddening.  

Starting to see the banding signal in the qpf/snow graphics.  Hopefully someone doesn't rot in the middle as this thing gets going.  Would be nice to see a widespread snowfall for all.  I feel confident on a broad 4-8" snow, with some lollies t0 24" in lunenburg,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, The Graupler said:

Since Covid coffee just doesn’t taste the same.    Thinking of not going into work because the timing off the storm greatly effects my commute. 

thinking of buying baseball cards to flip 

How long have you been wrestling with that idea? Or do you still have it in a hold, What’s the timing? Have you got that pinned down? How many did you buy? 1-2-3?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The trends at 18z were moving back to @ Bench mark or Just inside it , then every model but the putrid gf’s was chucked at 0z when they bumped East . For the 495 crowd we went from Weenie band magic to meh band . We’ll see where that initial banding sets up prior to the meat getting here but we are not in a good spot for this and last evening you were . 

I dunno what Direction next 12 hours will Tickle but this has been a back and forth for day’s .

I guess I wasn't that  unnerved by the EURO going a bit east at 00z BC I expected it, and likewise RE west shift at 06z. I don't really care about the GEM and NAM.

7 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

Yes, we are really arguing petty semantics about geography, that's about 10% of what this board does, near as I can figure it. I'm not really that invested, however, you are wrong.

The east bay is Little Compton, Tiverton, Bristol, Warren, Barrington, and Riverside. 

Jamestown?

Just now, Cmass495 said:

Screenshot_1.png

Yeah, it's really feeling the confluence or something, I'm not sure...but it's going to be a major cutback on qpf from 0z and especially 6z. Still in line with other guidance, probably more so now. Goalposts are pretty honed in.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Doesn't look shredded to me. I actually think 95 east (esp near coast) may have some temps near 32-33 for a bit to limit accumulations at first. They'll catch up later though. 

Yeah places like BOS might be slow in the first 2-3 hours and then they'll go to poundtown tomorrow morning.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Doesn't look shredded to me. I actually think 95 east (esp near coast) may have some temps near 32-33 for a bit to limit accumulations at first. They'll catch up later though. 

Just vs prior runs of itself. It's still fine, within the range of board expectations (hopefully)

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah places like BOS might be slow in the first 2-3 hours and then they'll go to poundtown tomorrow morning.

Yet another event in which I am probably too far in one direction....could see you and scooter getting like 7", while I get like 3".

I'm at peace with it, at this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yet another event in which I am probably too far in one direction....could see you and scooter getting like 7", while I get like 3".

I'm at peace with it, at this point.

You might have enough longitude eastward to do just fine.

• Like 2

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic