Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Your gentle breeze has the wolves howling here temp dropping all day? 13⁰

Been a few years since the true arctic hounds came to visit....that fresh, clean smell to the air is unmistakable, but its bitter sweet because its so piercing and jarring to be out in. You know that airmass means business when EMATT gets legit squalls from it. Jan 1994 had a lot of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Been a few years since the true arctic hounds came to visit....that fresh, clean smell to the air is unmistakable, but its bitter sweet because its so piercing and jarring to be out in. You know that airmass means business when EMATT gets legit squalls from it. Jan 1994 had a lot of that.

I'd classify these as "arctic hounds howling in the distance".  Squalls notwithstanding, single digits is not too traumatic.  As far as the rest of your post, totally agree.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'd classify these as "arctic hounds howling in the distance".  Squalls notwithstanding, single digits is not too traumatic.  As far as the rest of your post, totally agree.

I didn't say its record breaking, but its a true arctic airmass in ever sense of the word.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Back into upper 30s tomorrow. But another shot this weekend. 
This is cold, but 2016 and 2019 more impressive. 
Not sure why BOX stripped for record low maxes when midnight highs were expected. 

TBH, that is how I record highs, even though I know its technically incorrect meteorologically speaking. I just don't care if it was warmer at midnight. Lows are at night, and highs are during the day.