• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

Friday would be interesting in that the baroclinic zone sort of hanging out. Another reason to watch if the S/W to the south and the PV try to phase because there isn't an area of CAA trying to shove it east. The BZ is on the coast. So it's marginal with rain and snow to start, and then a bitter blast works in as it departs. 

5 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

You have a pack still?  We’re down to patches already. 

Well hence the name Elephant Man lol. My yard is patches, but I face S and E with a slope. Across the street is total coverage with 4". Even woods have some snow. I noticed in areas like Milton, coverage was a bit more. I think they had an inch or two more than I did, and maybe the SW wind trajectory helped with some lower dews even by a few degrees. 

24 minutes ago, klw said:

My favorite MLK day storm was 1994.  I was in S Royalton VT at the time.  We got 17 inches in short order.  Sadly during the heaviest part of the storm I walked across the village green and my keys fell out in the process.  It was snowing so hard that when I noticed about 10 minutes later that I could not even find my prints in the snow.  A friend found the keys in mid-May when the last of the snow piles melted.

Long before the Worthy Burger was there.  Were you at VLS?

2 minutes ago, tunafish said:

that bottom inch or two leftover from december is literally bulletproof. 

That is solid ice here too, Its been a real adventure up until now to not take a digger with snow on top, But now its all a solid pack, You can tell by the nice shine it has.........lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well hence the name Elephant Man lol. My yard is patches, but I face S and E with a slope. Across the street is total coverage with 4". Even woods have some snow. I noticed in areas like Milton, coverage was a bit more. I think they had an inch or two more than I did, and maybe the SW wind trajectory helped with some lower dews even by a few degrees. 

I have about 2"

37 minutes ago, klw said:

My favorite MLK day storm was 1994.  I was in S Royalton VT at the time.  We got 17 inches in short order.  Sadly during the heaviest part of the storm I walked across the village green and my keys fell out in the process.  It was snowing so hard that when I noticed about 10 minutes later that I could not even find my prints in the snow.  A friend found the keys in mid-May when the last of the snow piles melted.

That happened to me in my driveway in January 2011...dropped a set of keys and didn't find the, until like April.

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We were OTing about mindfulness stuff last weekend, and that is one of my things...I'll get 16 buns for this, but I keep a calendar every year that I use as a weather journal...kind of forces you to stop and just observe the sky for a few moments each day..to get in idea of how cloudy it was etc...high, low temps.....

I did it when I was a kid, stopped for awhile when I was a teen and young adult, but picked back up several years ago once I got my life in order.

I still have some of my daily "weather diaries" from the 1960's.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Just looking at this from my perspective and just really looking at it only just yesterday, I think its a really small chance that this one on friday will be close enough outside of maybe the extreme eastern areas to see anything inland, Monday-Tuesday, May end up different but these storms that are even outside of even 3 days out have to be taken with a grain of salt on the models.

what a Debbie!    ban

• Weenie 2