Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

It did keep 850s surprisingly cool. But torched 925

The antecedent airmass is pretty good so there will be some wiggle room, but obviously you can't indefinitely stave off the warmth on that type of track....but something slightly east of that would probably be pretty good. Heck, even this solution was prob a solid thump over the interior.

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The antecedent airmass is pretty good so there will be some wiggle room, but obviously you can't indefinitely stave off the warmth on that type of track....but something slightly east of that would probably be pretty good. Heck, even this solution was prob a solid thump over the interior.

Yeah, it almost looked like a SWFE with the rain to snow

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Yeah, that's not where we want our high pressure, but it's been moving around quite a bit run to run. wouldn't fret it quite yet, but would obviously like to see that come west

I'd just want out if that happened lol On the heels of this arctic surge...my god. Brutal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

I agree, there is a lot of cold air in place and also we have North Atlantic blocking for this storm. That will help prevent the low from running inland, I’m more worried about missing to the south.

There is not blocking. There is west atlantic ridging, which could still allow for an inland track.. The cold can and will move if it takes that track.