Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That would start to rival 2009-2010 for me.

At least back then you had lots of company.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

ICON or whatever... it's adding in the direction of expectation I outlined this morning/last page...

Well yeah, I sh!t on it but obviously still looked at it lol.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

LOL Anyone who would like this winter to execute a retro Mortal Kombat Finishing Move on me, have a gander at the ICON.

Rather than go fatality on you, I'd prob just do the upper cut on the spike pit arena.

• Like 1

I do not trust Miller As for the life of me...they are to me what Miller B is to Baltimore, 9/10 times they will find a way to pork me to varying degrees. The only pure miller A off the top of my head that did not was the Megalopolis blizzard of Feb 1983....I actually got some cf naked twister in that one. The most prevalent issue with them is LBSW, but they are also more likely to take less than ideal tracks due to the longer distance traveled. Unreal how we haven't been able to buy a classic Miller B in 1.5 la nina seasons now. Save for maybe 2/1/21?

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I do not trust Miller As for the life of me...they are to me what Miller B is to Baltimore, 9/10 times they will find a way to pork me to varying degrees. The only pure miller A off the top of my head that did not was the Megalopolis blizzard of Feb 1983....I actually got some cf naked twister in that one. The most prevalent issue with them is LBSW, but they are also more likely to take less than ideal tracks due to the longer distance traveled. Unreal how we haven't been able to buy a classic Miller B in 1.5 la nina seasons now. Save for maybe 2/1/21?

I’m with you on that, give me a Miller B over Miller A any day, that’s why I’m rooting for the Monday nor’easter over the Friday one. 

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No arguments here on any of this Fuk Miller A's.............:)

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Having H5 close off several hundred miles south of our latitude does not scream "upper end storm" to me. Can still be big, but sell these 20"+ fantasies, which is usually the course of least regret, anyway, but def. with Miller A systems.

upper end for the mid atlantic, maybe

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

I thought some of the models had that as a Miller B? I hope we trend back to that I hate Miller As, I’m not interested in DC stealing all our snow. We need the evolution of the storm to change again…

One way to pull it off is to have N stream insert as it progresses north...like a hybrid Miller A/B deal. GFS may do that, I am not analyzing H5 at hr 156. I think Feb 2013 did that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We were OTing about mindfulness stuff last weekend, and that is one of my things...I'll get 16 buns for this, but I keep a calendar every year that I use as a weather journal...kind of forces you to stop and just observe the sky for a few moments each day..to get in idea of how cloudy it was etc...high, low temps.....

I did it when I was a kid, stopped for awhile when I was a teen and young adult, but picked back up several years ago once I got my life in order.

Here's a story on the incredible value of daily observations.

washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/11/27/colorado-rockies-snow-climate-lab/

• Like 1