Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Back in my old career we had a district manager who would close the office at the slightest risk of ice or snow.  We always found that peculiar until we found out that at his old office a woman who worked for him died due to icing after staying late at work    His guilt haunted him

Heh … That could be on the woman, if by election she stayed late - not checking or being aware. 

Did he tell her that she’s getting fired if she didn’t stay late? 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh … That could be on the woman, if by election she stayed late - not checking or being aware. 

Did he tell her that she’s getting fired if she didn’t stay late? 

I’m guessing there was pressure.  This was back in the early 1990s.  Not sure if ice forecasts were solid back then. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That’s the important part.   Tomorrow’s runs should be telling if we should invest. 

I'm certainly not sold on this, But it is close enough to watch i guess and see if it can trend better, It was hitting DE Maine on some of these runs, But i would need a lot more help as you would back here and there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m guessing there was pressure.  This was back in the early 1990s.  Not sure if ice forecasts were solid back then. 

Course we all know the real motivation here is that communities and townships and schools and where ever are all reeling from fear of Covid… And schools are traditionally a petri dishes anyway – it’s got to be a scary prospect for people that are paranoid about cooties

risking the digression… These variances are following the epidemiological arc of novel viruses, in that they are weaker than the original.

To the straw man, Society needs to get a grip and get some humility and stop feeling entitled to some kind of euphoric physical experience.   Guess what ? we’re all going to get sick eventually and guess what else, we’re all gonna die eventually. in the grand scheme of things and all things considered this omicron variant is not going to cause the latter - most likely

Unless we are putting up death counts like the original… It’s all needs to be accepted as part of head cold maintenance; and guess what people die from head colds too if they have pre-existing conditions

3 minutes ago, GCWarrior said:

My school district called it tomorrow.  It takes a boat load of snow to ever get a snow day out in the Berkshires but they are fast on the gun to cancel due to cold.  I'll take it.  Might go make some turns at Berkshire East.  Bundle up!

Don’t forget your mask! and I mean ski mask.  Snow should be squeaky. 

• Like 1

That is slightly amusing…

For those in my generation can understand the following statement: we used to walk to school in 4° cold with 20 mph wind gusts in cold snaps in the 1980s. 

Thing is I’m not prepared to blame this completely on the pandemic culture that’s formulated over the last two years… Because school districts began issuing closings and delays for much much less years before the pandemic

• Like 1