Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

36 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

If the long range shows a good pattern its doubted, if it shows a crap pattern suddenly they're accurate.

It's not even crap, it looks like an overeunning/SWFE pattern. I know people are going to get paranoid about RNA moving forward, but December was an extreme case....they can work for us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

:gun_bandana:

It's just been the pattern the past few years but if you drew an obtuse triangle, with it's points being Pittsfield, Albany and Keene we have been screwed in every direction.

Pittsfield collects some decent upslope.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Never seen so many preemptive closings for 6-12" on Friday...you'd think it was Feb 2013.

Those were the right call in those areas. Heck, we only had 5” and the roads were a mess during morning school drive times.   Doing it early gives parents more time to arrange care etc if needed. 
I do think it was exacerbated by the staffing issues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Never seen so many preemptive closings for 6-12" on Friday...you'd think it was Feb 2013.

Yup.  

Although our superintendent really blew the call 2 days prior, when we had multiple bus accidents, and faculty accidents, due to the freezing rain last Wednesday morning.  Was a total disaster here that morning.  He even apologized to all staff and families for the blown call. 
So we knew he’d cancel Friday…cuz he didn’t want to take any chances messing up twice in the same week. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Those were the right call in those areas. Heck, we only had 5” and the roads were a mess during morning school drive times.   Doing it early gives parents more time to arrange care etc if needed. 
I do think it was exacerbated by the staffing issues. 

I'm not saying it wasn't the right call, but municipalities seemed overzealous to me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's an excuse to close due to covid shortages. 

Exactly!  The heat they’d take having 7 year olds wait 2 hours in the cold for a never arriving bus plus half the teachers/staff calling out for covid makes a cold cancellation easy.

• Like 1