• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

The EURO/EPS is slower with the cold, and the precip with the trailing piece is mostly SE of our region by the time it's cold enough. CMC is similar but further SE. The 6z GFS/GEFS looks more like the other 2 globals now- probably a bit of snow on the backend for some of the region but the 0z run depicting possibly a more widespread 'moderate' snow looks like an outlier for now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I'm torn with this upcoming weather event.  On one hand I want it to snow so bad, I've totally forgotten what snow even looks like.  On the other hand, the petunias are still going strong and it could save me some money and growing time come spring if they continue to thrive.  I need to meditate on this to figure out what I really want.  

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Looks as if the EURO may be starting to cave to the GFS with respect to the development of a trailing LP following the front this weekend. At the very least, definitely worth tracking. 

12z will be fun to see one way or another…that vort needs to dig and sharpen like 0z

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I guess it’s encouraging that there’s something on the map still. Maybe the ol’ “we’ll work on timing and location later” thing will work out. 

12z has a better shortwave presentation than 6z, but it’s farther south. Move it north a bit and the result is more like the 0z storm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic