Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

SE VA deserves a snowstorm

Other than the GFS, none of the other models are supporting a snowstorm for our latitude.  People should not get their hopes up.  Even in SE VA, you can cut the accumulation at least in half due to warm ground and temperatures above freezing for most of the event.

1 minute ago, Weather Will said:

Other than the GFS, none of the other models are supporting a snowstorm for our latitude.  People should not get their hopes up.  Even in SE VA, you can cut the accumulation at least in half due to warm ground and temperatures above freezing for most of the event.

I'm not... just been checking in.  I'm not expecting any snow for another 2 weeks IMO.  If we get something Monday, cool.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kleimax said:

Congrats Alamaba

I think we knew it was a long shot.  

4 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB latest short range Canadian brings some mood flakes.

26D324CF-D38D-41C2-9AF6-2C9D45F51C2F.png

It’s the location that matters to me.  That says we are not out yet.  Not for another 15 min or so

Just now, nj2va said:

Weeklies and extended ensembles are useless IMO. 

I agree if you are looking for one snowstorm.  Look the overall winter pattern this year stinks, but we need a little luck to get a decent storm that would make most happy.  January does not look as warm as December.  We are getting some PNA help, MJO support,  and going into prime climo…again we don’t need or normally have bitter cold to accompany our snowstorms.

2 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

I agree if you are looking for one snowstorm.  Look the overall winter pattern this year stinks, but we need a little luck to get a decent storm that would make most happy.  January does not look as warm as December.  We are getting some PNA help, MJO support,  and going into prime climo…again we don’t need or normally have bitter cold to accompany our snowstorms.

I don’t really want to turn this thread into a debate on weeklies/extended ensembles but for me, the LR has been flopping around so what’s the point in putting faith in a 4 week map right now? Sure, another data point to ingest but I put no confidence in them. Again just my opinion. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic