Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'd actually probably take Dec 1970 over both. The first 4 or 5 days torched and then all hell broke loose and it never stopped.

March 2001 is also prob better than either 1993 or 2018 if we're talking about Methuen.

While we're choosing months, I'll take 11/83 (Fort Kent) with 28.6", 12/76 (FK) 61.5", 1/87 (Gardiner) 49.3", 2/17 (New Sharon) 46.9", 3/01 (NS) 55.5" and 4/82 (FK) 29.0".  April 2007 in NS had 8" more snow but the 4/7/82 blizzard is a must-include.  Nice 270" winter. :lol:

38 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…

Snow onto the cape, but CT gets shut out…ya That ain’t happening. 

This is the type of season where we could get some events in which the cape beats Kev....SWFE. Happened in 2007.

Just saying in general....not endorsing that clown map.

I will tell you with high personal confidence, if those operational GFS hydrostatic heights, and 850 mb temperature schemes are correct, its green QPF will tend to be snow actually.   Probably right up to I-95, too - ...same would be true for late Saturday in the far interior .. flash over to brief 'chutes.   - sorry I had to fix this...got the two "mixed" haha. 

I also find that backside ANA-cyclone hybrid that's been gaining identity for late Saturday interesting.  Man - fast flow high potency circulation type is a error juggle, not doubt.

Euro has all features in question but didn't opt into a faster/deeper detonation of either the Saturday or next week - either way is equally likely ...

• Like 1

First of all, it's only November. Sir the major pattern doesn't look like it's coming to materialize. As it's a fake -EPO not a real one like last winter. But then again this is the 2nd year of a two year La Nina. If things are going to go real bad and we get some really warm temps might as well get them now. So just before Christmas the goods can come. 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

First of all, it's only November. Sir the major pattern doesn't look like it's coming to materialize. As it's a fake -EPO not a real one like last winter. But then again this is the 2nd year of a two year La Nina. If things are going to go real bad and we get some really warm temps might as well get them now. So just before Christmas the goods can come. 

Uncle Leo!!