Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,921
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Jun Zz
    Newest Member
    Jun Zz
    Joined

Henri: Moderate-Major impacts NYC subforum this weekend, possibly into Monday August 21-23, 2021


wdrag
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, dmillz25 said:

I live near by there and that flooding was crazy 

I was a few miles south of there and the rainfall was easily the most intense I've ever seen. Every staircase looked like a waterfall. Out here in SI I got somewhat less rain and am closing in on 5 inches. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LibertyBell said:

It's going to pivot back later this afternoon and tonight right?

 

It'll linger around for a while but it seems like the back edge is inching its way north. We'll see I guess. It's definitely not over north of me through NYC and Hudson Valley. Sort of the same precip shield/orientation as 2/25/10 with the pivoting NW low. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jm1220 said:

It'll linger around for a while but it seems like the back edge is inching its way north. We'll see I guess. It's definitely not over north of me through NYC and Hudson Valley. Sort of the same precip shield/orientation as 2/25/10 with the pivoting NW low. 

I was just thinking about that!  That night with all the wind and snow was unforgettable.  There was snow sticking to the sides of houses!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jm1220 said:

It'll linger around for a while but it seems like the back edge is inching its way north. We'll see I guess. It's definitely not over north of me through NYC and Hudson Valley. Sort of the same precip shield/orientation as 2/25/10 with the pivoting NW low. 

 

There was definitely a band of decent winds for awhile in Nassau/W Suffolk but the last 30-45 minutes it seems to be dropping back down again.  Were some gusts of 28-34 for a time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

 

There was definitely a band of decent winds for awhile in Nassau/W Suffolk but the last 30-45 minutes it seems to be dropping back down again.  Were some gusts of 28-34 for a time

I'd say generously in Long Beach we had 25-30mph gusts. Now it's practically calm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

oh thats really sad, thats where I grew up (closer to Ocean Pkwy but in the same general area.)

Eastern Pkwy was two stops before mine on the F Train.

Parts of Brooklyn are probably over 8” by now with this band stalled out.

Kings County...
Brooklyn                     7.82 in   0145 PM 08/22   CWOP                 
South Slope                  6.89 in   0145 PM 08/22   CWOP                 
Prospect Park                6.88 in   0150 PM 08/22   AWS       

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3.10 on my weather flow but it’s almost certainly too low. The wantagh mesonet is 4.5” and that lines up with the radar estimates. I do like the weather flow devices for everything else beside the way it measures rain. It’s some sort of algorithm based on the size of the rain drops. Sorry, but no technology beats measuring water in a bucket. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Parts of Brooklyn are probably over 8” by now with this band stalled out.

Kings County...
Brooklyn                     7.82 in   0145 PM 08/22   CWOP                 
South Slope                  6.89 in   0145 PM 08/22   CWOP                 
Prospect Park                6.88 in   0150 PM 08/22   AWS       

 

I did not know Prospect park had a obs sight...Prospect park is a great place to compare to Central Park...ther once was a weather station in Prospect park a long time ago...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...