Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SVR/FF potential late today-Friday June 29-July 2, 2021

wdrag

21 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

How is heat exciting? It's just miserable and most people stay inside anyway.

The only way it would be exciting from a meteorological perspective is if we challenged all time highs like in the Pacific NW.

I much prefer storms but it appears we won't even get that.

it's exciting when we get close to 100, that's the kind of feeling you get that's similar to having a 20 inch snowfall.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jeff Grann said:

Thing about people who "love" days like yesterday. Generally they are not the one responsible for paying the high electric bills. They are not outside cutting their large lawns and other constant outside home maintaining which is brutal in this weather. There is also zero regard for poor and elderly who are literally suffering living in non air conditioned apartments with no cross ventilation and 90 degrees inside 24 hrs a day .Hell, my 33k gallon pool is 86 degrees due to this swamp azz crap . What good is it to swim in bath water?. There are no redeeming qualities to this extreme heat compared to the danger it poses to rational adults.

here's a thought, EVERYONE should have a/c now.  It should be MANDATORY and all buildings that dont have it should be deemed unlivable and CONDEMNED until it is installed.

cutting large lawns?  maybe dont have a lawn in the first place?

about the high electric bills- blame the greedy power companies for that

SVR ydy primarily I78 south, not as far north as modeled-expected when the thread started.  Pathetic rainfall so far few spots far nw NJ (under 0.2" so far) but elsewhere, amounts will continue to add up through the 4th.  Will review totals this weekend.  No time to follow up today.  

Thanks for your posts. Suspect some impressive #s still possible in the forum by Sunday night.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 5.35.25 AM.png

Ladies and Gents models do not look good to me,,,,,we have a party here in Rockland County / New City tonight , so any chance the weather breaks for a period of time and I am able to get some of these people outside in my backyard or do I treat this like  Super Bowl Party and we are strictly indoors ? 

1 hour ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Ladies and Gents models do not look good to me,,,,,we have a party here in Rockland County / New City tonight , so any chance the weather breaks for a period of time and I am able to get some of these people outside in my backyard or do I treat this like  Super Bowl Party and we are strictly indoors ? 

Showers/storms appear likely between 3-9pm , I'd say after 10 you should be okay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weathermedic said:

Showers keep popping up and raining themselves out in and near the city.

Maybe all the praying and dancing to the Gods that I have been doing has paid off because so far no rain here and people are coming over my house around 6 give or take an hour,,,,,do I need to throw a virgin into the volcano to be on the safe side or do you guys think I can squeak this party out at my house ? Im watching the radar like a hawk

2 hours ago, Eduardo said:

I’ve posed this same question here before too.  Sometimes, the radar seems to light up once storms push far offshore.

Sometimes at night that happens if you have a squall line that semi decayed as it approached the island or Jersey shore you can see it reintensify over the ocean.  Likely part of the nocturnal/diurnal cycle with convection over land and water  

1 minute ago, TriPol said:

How is tomorrow looking? Any chance the Yankees get their game in?

Tomorrow is probably a bit more uncertain than today because game is during peak heating and the upper trof/low proximity is in a worse place.  They likely get it in though because they can’t do a DH due to ESPN Sunday and neither team probably wants a random makeup.  Tonight is where the rainout might happen if they get unlucky.  Models do show 22-02Z in that region of NE NJ/NYC/Bronx being the trouble spot. If it sits too long and becomes widespread I think with the short turn they could postpone tonight’s game but they won’t do it til at least 9 

• Rjay unpinned this topic