Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

19 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Don't know if you have seen this before, but check out this sounding from Bangladesh.  The CAPE/shear combo on here would rival anything in the United States.  I have seen observed soundings or forecast soundings with 8000-10000+ J/kg of CAPE (usually in a zone from Nebraska to Illinois, which gets dewpoint assistance from all the crops) but the shear is typically weak.  Having 50 kts of flow at 500 mb along with 9000 J/kg CAPE is insane.

051396skt.jpg.38967d31e41173cd8fa3f9b38ccaa0c7.jpg

I have come across that sounding before!!

That is like something a severe weenie would dream of lol. Storm tops would probably punch well into the mesosphere :lol: 

18 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

For those of you that like to see nature at it's best the volcano in Iceland is putting on an amazing show right now.  Use the slider on the live Youtube feed to go back a bit as the eruption ebbs and flows.

@hubbdave. Hope it’s still going when you get there. 

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

For those of you that like to see nature at it's best the volcano in Iceland is putting on an amazing show right now.  Use the slider on the live Youtube feed to go back a bit as the eruption ebbs and flows.

It’s been quiet for some stretches. Then it gets ramped up.  So. Much. Lava

have a rez for 2nd week of August, any restaurant recos? Looks ;like there's a lot to choose from.
For dinner, I'd recommend the Boathouse Bistro. Ask for a table outside on the top floor. For breakfast, Waves is good. For a drink, McSegulls or Mine Oyster. It's a small town, so not a ton of options.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

For dinner, I'd recommend the Boathouse Bistro. Ask for a table outside on the top floor. For breakfast, Waves is good. For a drink, McSegulls or Mine Oyster. It's a small town, so not a ton of options.

I see the “Sent from” note on the bottom of your post. Finally gave up on the sunken iPhone huh?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Walpole Joe said:

Got back from Glacier National Park this afternoon...spent a week out there...spectacular....I love New England and would never leave, but Glacier was awesome...pictures don't do it justice

So true. Glacier is spectacular.

1 hour ago, Walpole Joe said:

Got back from Glacier National Park this afternoon...spent a week out there...spectacular....I love New England and would never leave, but Glacier was awesome...pictures don't do it justice

I wanted to tie Glacier in on our recent trip to the Black Hills and Yellowstone but it was just too long a drive. I’ll get there someday though. 

I hate the Yankees with a passion, but that game tonight on national television was impressive.  Gerrit Cole pitched his ass off.  A 1-0 win against the best lineup in the AL, the Astros, in a complete game shut piece?  Good baseball game.  Need to tip your cap when its deserved.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I hate the Yankees with a passion, but that game tonight on national television was impressive.  Gerrit Cole pitched his ass off.  A 1-0 win against the best lineup in the AL, the Astros, in a complete game shut piece?  Good baseball game.  Need to tip your cap when its deserved.

Ya that was a very impressive outing for him. I personally believe all these pitchers complaining about the sticky thing is absolute nonsense. Should of never happened in the first place so I guess MLB shoulders a lot of the blame. 

I’m a huge Sox fan but hopefully his performance tonight shuts up the people critical of the MLB crackdown. I will concede they should’nt have done it mid season.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

One more from the harbor 7b346a6c5f3a7955af98451acbda9a8e.jpg

That's where we started our honeymoon in 1971 - stayed at Fisherman's Wharf.  (I don't even know if that's still there.)  Then we headed up to BHB on June 24, bought a couple lobsters for a scenic top of Cadillac feast.  Visibility 100 yards in fog, we forget to get napkins - few foods are messier than eating a whole lobster - and the park hadn't turned on the water yet up there :o, but the critters tasted great.

• Like 2