Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

15 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Not really.   The vaccine is noted to be 85-95% effective against it.  Sure there will be a few but it won't be like what's going on in MO or Louisiana

They can still test positive for the virus. Not sure where you heard otherwise. Effectiveness against serious disease is a different matter. Don’t worry your precious jab juice is not quite worthless… yet. :) 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/israel-says-the-delta-variant-is-infecting-vaccinated-people-as-many-as-50percent-of-cases-but-they-are-less-severe/ar-AALoer5

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

They can still test positive for the virus. Not sure where you heard otherwise. Effectiveness against serious disease is a different matter. Don’t worry your precious jab juice is not quite worthless… yet. :) 

sure they can, but again, things won't be as high here as other places that have much lower vaccination rates.   Sure I could be positive, but if I have no symptoms and am not tested will it ever count as a positive case?  Nope.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

sure they can, but again, things won't be as high here as other places that have much lower vaccination rates.   Sure I could be positive, but if I have no symptoms and am not tested will it ever count as a positive case?  Nope.  

I know, but the question was over cases. The vaccine doesn’t stop the “casedemic” nonsense. 

5 hours ago, BrianW said:

That's either the oil pressure sensor or coolant temp sensor. It looks new but those sensors are a common item to go bad. 

I have a slight oil leak. That part may be the culprit. I ordered dye and uv light.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dan11295 said:

Or if their is one mortality/hospital impact should remain low. 

This number really jumped out at me... at a hospital in Springfield, MO, 91% of patients in ICU are on a ventilator.  Obviously that is an extraordinarily high percentage and Missouri just about leads the country in percentage of cases being Delta, but it would be interesting to check other surging states to see if they have also observed a percentage increase of people on ventilators.  It suggests that Delta is a more dangerous variant, particularly to unvaccinated people, or that these people are waiting longer to seek treatment.  The article says that many of those on ventilators at that hospital are in their 20s to 40s, so at least they have age on their side.  But you're in pretty bad shape if you need to be on a ventilator, whether you're 28 or 88.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/44285978/surprising-amount-of-deaths-will-soon-occur-in-these-us-regions-from-increased-covid19-cases-expert-says

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I know, but the question was over cases. The vaccine doesn’t stop the “casedemic” nonsense. 

I agree with that.  The media will run with this as long as they can.   I'm sure the doom and gloom headlines will start soon about the "long winter ahead" blah blah blah

24 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/israel-says-the-delta-variant-is-infecting-vaccinated-people-as-many-as-50percent-of-cases-but-they-are-less-severe/ar-AALoer5

Jab juice lmfao, you’re literally turning into a whacko caricature in real time.

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

This number really jumped out at me... at a hospital in Springfield, MO, 91% of patients in ICU are on a ventilator.  Obviously that is an extraordinarily high percentage and Missouri just about leads the country in percentage of cases being Delta, but it would be interesting to check other surging states to see if they have also observed a percentage increase of people on ventilators.  It suggests that Delta is a more dangerous variant, particularly to unvaccinated people, or that these people are waiting longer to seek treatment.  The article says that many of those on ventilators at that hospital are in their 20s to 40s, so at least they have age on their side.  But you're in pretty bad shape if you need to be on a ventilator, whether you're 28 or 88.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/44285978/surprising-amount-of-deaths-will-soon-occur-in-these-us-regions-from-increased-covid19-cases-expert-says

This is the same exact stuff that was peddled here in 2020 about Florida and Texas. Just wait two more weeks for mass death!! 

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This is the same exact stuff that was peddled here in 2020 about Florida and Texas. Just wait two more weeks for mass death!! 

part of the reason for decreased deaths is better treatment options vs those in March of 2020.     I doubt we ever go back to the death rates of March/April 2020

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Oh hey.  Btw, Florida is getting in on the case surge now.  ;)

I'm not going to address the mass death stuff.  I posted it to highlight the ventilator stuff.

Just now, Brian5671 said:

part of the reason for decreased deaths is better treatment options vs those in March of 2020.     I doubt we ever go back to the death rates of March/April 2020

It also helps we aren't sending sick people into nursing homes and locking up families in tight quarters with no ventilation. We also aren't venting everyone who walks in the door with a fever anymore.

Just now, PhineasC said:

It also helps we aren't sending sick people into nursing homes and locking up families in tight quarters with no ventilation. We also aren't venting everyone who walks in the door with a fever anymore.

yeah, the strict lockdowns were actually counterproductive in that regard....part of the reason Italy was so bad early on...

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Oh hey.  Btw, Florida is getting in on the case surge now.  ;)

I'm not going to address the mass death stuff.  I posted it to highlight the ventilator stuff.

Similar to last summer as folks head indoors during the heat of summer there.  The difference is a % are vacc'd or had the virus so you won't see #'s like last summer.

9 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

yeah, the strict lockdowns were actually counterproductive in that regard....part of the reason Italy was so bad early on...

Yes people are so dumb. I rem libs freaking out because people on the beach in FL. That was the safest place to be.

I mean no one has common sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Takes some pretty bad luck to be fully vaccinated at an outdoor event and still catch covid.  But note that those who had the vaccines used in the US had mild cases.

6 fully vaccinated people who attended an outdoor wedding caught the Delta variant, but the ones with Pfizer and Moderna shots didn't get very sick

https://news.yahoo.com/6-fully-vaccinated-people-caught-154610774.html

8 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Takes some pretty bad luck to be fully vaccinated at an outdoor event and still catch covid.  But note that those who had the vaccines used in the US had mild cases.

6 fully vaccinated people who attended an outdoor wedding caught the Delta variant, but the ones with Pfizer and Moderna shots didn't get very sick

https://news.yahoo.com/6-fully-vaccinated-people-caught-154610774.html

why is this even news? it should be very well-known that the vaccines, although very effective at preventing covid, are not 100% effective. Break through cases are going to happen.

with or without vaccines, covid isn't going away anytime soon.

• Like 1

wish my wife would get vacc'd, especially being a flight attendant. Tried having the discussion again this past wknd (during our 17th anniversary) and she seems more against it now than even a month ago. I let it go cause it was getting heated. I just don't want to be the person that said "I told ya so". Not that it's certain she will get, but I'd rather her stand a better chance of avoiding something severe if she does contract it.

1 minute ago, SJonesWX said:

why is this even news? it should be very well-known that the vaccines, although very effective at preventing covid, are not 100% effective. Break through cases are going to happen.

if it bleeds, it leads.  Media is losing its grasp on covid. 

E5Fh_reXIAELlf6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

Because we keep clicking on it and sharing it.  Every single click increases the chances of another one of those stories.  Everyone needs to go to every news site out there and click on the stories that are like “Grandmother gives away puppies to orphanage.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

wish my wife would get vacc'd, especially being a flight attendant. Tried having the discussion again this past wknd (during our 17th anniversary) and she seems more against it now than even a month ago. I let it go cause it was getting heated. I just don't want to be the person that said "I told ya so". Not that it's certain she will get, but I'd rather her stand a better chance of avoiding something severe if she does contract it.

Surprised the airlines haven't mandated the vaccine, to be honest. I'm surprised they let her board the plane.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Because we keep clicking on it and sharing it.  Every single click increases the chances of another one of those stories.  Everyone needs to go to every news site out there and click on the stories that are like “Grandmother gives away puppies to orphanage.”

Did she or any of the puppies have Covid though? j/k

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I think there is more to this than just trying to get clicks for revenue, but that is clearly a huge part of it. It sometimes seems as if the media can't decide whether they want to scare people into getting the highly-effective vaccines, or they want to convince people the vaccines will soon fail due to mutant variants. Very unhelpful either way.

• Haha 1