Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

28 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Not for nothing but you asked for it.

" Looks toasty tomorrow. I’ll take a shit week if I can get 65-70 on Sunday "

Happy birthday...

Yeah it's all good. I don't want to go into convective season with the yard bone dry. I just want to get my bare root grapes into the ground tonight so hopefully this evening is dry despite the clouds. It feels like it's been April for 3 months though.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

How many Sundays have people snowblowing at 7 am. I understand if people have to work. Maybe it's just me but I try to be a courteous neighbor. 

If one is planning to be at church by 9 AM, cranking the snowblower at 7 may be necessary.  On 12/7/03 we woke up to 24" of powder, 6-8" taller than the intake of our machine so I had to make 2 passes to clear enough to get the car (Subaru Loyale) up the driveway.  Other than that necessity I don't care to run machinery on Sundays.  Helps my conscience that we're 500' from the nearest neighbor, but even in Gardiner with houses <100' away on both sides we'd blow out the driveway for getting to church or work.  Of course, our neighbor to the left would be out there ahead of us - he never wanted to allow the snow to be more than about 2" on his driveway - would clear multiple times.  Clearing snow so one can get to a normal scheduled destination seems different than blowing leaves off the lawn at sunrise.

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not I. Showed what other outlets showed . 

"Yeah this sounds decent despite Kooky Kenny posts 70+ where most folks LIVE thru Thursday "

My apologies, I had my DIT forecast decoder ring on the wrong setting. Now I see it, 40s and rain. Nailed it!

• Confused 1

Forecasting temperatures >3-5 days out this time of year here is such a crap shoot. I feel bad for those on TV where they do 10-day forecasts. I know that's what people want since people are always looking ahead but you're just setting yourself up for failure and embarrassment. This week is a great example...especially here in CT. The consensus was for the front to stall so close by that parts of SW CT could have been into the 70's while NE CT 50's. HTF do you portray this on a 1-day temp graphic?