• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stormheartgypsy
    Newest Member
    Stormheartgypsy

March 2021 Weather Discussion

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I will say the EPS has shown steady interest (at least how I see it) in that period after the late week torch next week. I don't see the classic look yet, but you have a little meridional flow out of NW Canada, a little Greenland ridging, a little confluence in SE Canada. You get the idea. 

Steady mobbin’?

Where have the severe outbreaks in the middle of the country gone this year? Seems to be very quiet. I can’t even vicariously live through those.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I will say the EPS has shown steady interest (at least how I see it) in that period after the late week torch next week. I don't see the classic look yet, but you have a little meridional flow out of NW Canada, a little Greenland ridging, a little confluence in SE Canada. You get the idea. 

Yeah there might be a solid 8-10 day window there. EPS still has a decent look at the end of the run that looked like it would go for a few more days. 

Lets get a 70F Tip Tulip day and then a 18F powder job for St Patty’s day. 

Today marks the 50th anniversary of Quebec's "Storm of the Century" which set an all time 24hr snowfall record in the city of Montreal. 43cm was recorded during that time period with wind gusts >110km/hr creating two storey snow drifts.

ERA5_QC_Blizzard_1971_2.thumb.png.23277f6cfa7d3292aab9fe082c236b89.png

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, blizzardof96 said:

Today marks the 50th anniversary of Quebec's "Storm of the Century" which set an all time 24hr snowfall record in the city of Montreal. 43cm was recorded during that time period with wind gusts >110km/hr creating two storey snow drifts.

ERA5_QC_Blizzard_1971_2.thumb.png.23277f6cfa7d3292aab9fe082c236b89.png

Pretty weak for a 24 hour record 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

And they average like 85” per year.  Very weird

It’s tough to get big bombs up there... but they’ll build snowpack to the roof tops in the eastern townships on 6-10 incher’s in like a 2007-08 style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

And they average like 85” per year.  Very weird

Montreal is probably like 400 mi from the moisture source of the Atlantic ocean and is also at a low elevation in in a river valley north of all the Adirondacks and Greens,. Not a great recipe for huge dumps.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ineedsnow said:

Off topic but wow at the New Zealand earthquakes today!!  Tsunami watch for Hawaii

Iceland experiencing earthquakes constantly for the last week...apparently that's unusual even for them. Earth is trying to throw us off like a bull throwing a cowboy at the rodeo.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He’s watering the snow 

He has me worried about the drought inside.

Levi

The GFS will be upgraded to version 16 on March 17. The new version is running in testing until then.

gfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_53.png

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Levi

The GFS will be upgraded to version 16 on March 17. The new version is running in testing until then.

gfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_53.png

Will it still be a piece of shit when that happens ?

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Will it still be a piece of shit when that happens ?

I mean nothing changes so yea expect the same

5 hours ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Where have the severe outbreaks in the middle of the country gone this year? Seems to be very quiet. I can’t even vicariously live through those.

Huh ?

its March 4 

• Thanks 1

Wind is really cranking out there tonight.  Not nearly as windy as early in the week, but getting some good gusts out this way.

• Like 2