Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
OBS and nowcast Thursday morning 2/18 - 11PM Friday 2/19/21

wdrag

18 minutes ago, EpicHECS said:

Continued steady, light snow falling here. I thought this would be long over by now. They cancelled schools around here so apparently nobody's in a rush to clear the roads, either. 

A quick look at Google maps shows lots of green on the roads around Orange County, the road crews are getting it done. Up to 3.9” here in Campbell Hall, what part of Orange County are you in?  How much on your board?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EpicHECS said:

I don't have a board to measure with lol. I'm literally in the town of Goshen, right by the government building. The roads are just pure white with a layer of ice under them. 

I’m very familiar with Goshen, although not there today. As I’m sure you know, the village is always a bit behind on the salt spreading. My wife traveled down 207 through Goshen on the way to work this morning around 6am, did mention they were snow covered but her little Civic got her to work.  The main roads all show traffic moving smoothly now, unlike earlier this morning before dawn. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Snowing nicely now!  Moderate snowfall with nice big dendrites!  Should easily get at least an inch from this, judging by the radar.

That was a quick 3/4" in about 40-45 minutes (about 1" per hour rates), although it's now just snowing lightly; however the radar shows another band coming in which isn't as big or as heavy looking as this past one, but should be enough to get us to an inch.  

Could be treacherous on top of the ice, since people won't see the ice now when walking or driving and this fluff won't stop you from sliding - I know, I almost just fell.  

• Like 1

Wantage NJ 3.0 storm total. SD 3"  3/4s- as per FWN.  Nice snowfall, beautiful and a great winter, dating back to the late 70s per CHICAGO NWS on their front page and also I've seen some stuff about this on our forum.  This is the kind of winter I remember...76-77, 77-78 were fab up in BOS.  

I've added, via the dots and actual data...TWO day snowfall totals via CoCoRaHs which sort of shows how all this snow, the way it is analyzed, comes in bands.  It's seldom as smooth as modeled.  That's one thing that makes it more interesting.  Predictability will eventually improve the banding areas. It already had some banding per comments a day or two ago from some of our members. 

Tomorrow we'll do the three day storm totals at about this time. 

Screen_Shot_2021-02-19_at_10_08.21_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-02-19_at_10_09.15_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-02-19_at_10_10.00_AM.png