• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

closing in on 12" if not more, hard to measure... just took a ride to the store, absolutely dumping snow and most of what I got fell from 2-now... crazy rates and nice light fluff

• Like 1

Just now, TheSnowman said:

THIS IS THE WORST STORM OF ALL-TIME!!!!  

I am NEVER Starting an Obs Tread Again!!  

7 Hours of Heavy Snow - 2.25"!!!!  And SOUTHERN Rhode Island, which gets Crap, has 7.5"!!!!  

It’s been disappointing so far. We are surrounded on 3 sides by much better radar returns and it won’t budge.

• Like 1

Best stuff is eroding a bit as it crosses the NH border for now, but still coming down decently. Looks like a couple inches of fluff out there. 

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

THIS IS THE WORST STORM OF ALL-TIME!!!!  

I am NEVER Starting an Obs Tread Again!!  

7 Hours of Heavy Snow - 2.25"!!!!  And SOUTHERN Rhode Island, which gets Crap, has 7.5"!!!!  

Don't feel bad, only about an inch here!  You doubled up from my house.  Looks like it's more of an east/west thing this time around than a north/south.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, correnjim1 said:

Rain in east Boston 

Yep, pouring here. Changeover seems to be making its way inland.

If it doesn't change back BOS will end up with less than an inch for this whole thing.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

What a great storm here.  Still cranking..radar looks great just pumping it in.  

This looks fabulous. Dry slot just keeps filling.

This Afternoon
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. Breezy, with a northeast wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 32. Breezy, with a northeast wind 18 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.  

Apparently I have 10"-18" to go.  Which does not even Closely Mirror their Map, which says only expect 4"-6".  And Meanwhile Ray has 2" an hour.  

Just now, TheSnowman said:
This Afternoon
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. Breezy, with a northeast wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 32. Breezy, with a northeast wind 18 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.  

Apparently I have 10"-18" to go.  Which does not even Closely Mirror their Map, which says only expect 4"-6".  And Meanwhile Ray has 2" an hour.  

One word — subsidence

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

This looks fabulous. Dry slot just keeps filling.

Yup...that’s the sign of good storm lol.  I feel the pain of the folks out east. Been there before and know that frustration. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Wasted a lot of time in southborough. Just measured only about 3 in. Coming down hard now though so we'll see.

You’re def behind me a little bit. I just measured 4.5”. Though early in the afternoon you were kind of in a sucker hole just to my NW

Went out to measure at 5pm.   Average 9.75" across 5 measurements out in the yard.  Sitting at 30 degrees.  Nice drifts building up around the house.

• Like 2

25/22 About 6 inches here. Just shoveled. Still light and fluffy. Wind makes it hard to tell amount, but it was more than I expected. Saw 9" in BOX snow amounts but then realize they were saying 9 more inches. Upper end is about 16", lower end is 10. If it keeps up we'll probably exceed the lower end unless there is a dry slot hanging around out there.