• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sereinwriter
    Newest Member
    sereinwriter

Jan 25th Wintry Mix Obs and Nowcasting

24 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

This. My wife does not understand why elevation is so important to me. She's more into square footage, age, schools and other unimportant things.

Don’t forget latitude!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

This. My wife does not understand why elevation is so important to me. She's more into square footage, age, schools and other unimportant things.

My wife gave me the "are you kidding me" look about 2 years after we moved and she found out why I love Reisterstown so much. Having 600 ft+ elevation really helps in marginal events.

• Like 2

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

My wife gave me the "are you kidding me" look about 2 years after we moved and she found out why I love Reisterstown so much. Having 600 ft+ elevation really helps in marginal events.

We're getting ready to put our place on the market and if not for Deep Creek, I'd be adamant that we're moving to Hillsboro/etc west of Leesburg.  The neighborhood my partner wants to move to is east of the fall line.  Marginal events FTL!

I compromised when we built here, I had my eye on a lot on airport road at 3200 +- elevation. Ended up here at 1300 and, well you can guess the differences. That lot is for sale again, the guy that bought it never built on it. If I was planning on staying here I'd be in line to purchase.

15 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Try convincing your wife to buy a cabin up in Redfield NY. Mine thinks it's a weekend place...but hoping to make it a permanent residence at least for a couple of years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Try convincing your wife to buy a cabin up in Redfield NY. Mine thinks it's a weekend place...but hoping to make it a permanent residence at least for a couple of years.

Only take her in summer until you are ready to make your move for permanency :D

Fringed, but who cares?   It's weak sauce anyways.   A miller B with a 997 primary.   Jackpot  east of ohio is 6".  

sxxITXh.png

I think the bleeding has stopped with this 12z suite. Hopefully our thermal profiles can edge a bit better, but hopefully we’ve already seen the high water mark for the warmer air.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I think the bleeding has stopped with this 12z suite. Hopefully our thermal profiles can edge a bit better, but hopefully we’ve already seen the high water mark for the warmer air.

Rule 46 of this area, "CAD strengthens as we get closer to the event."

• Weenie 3

17 minutes ago, Amped said:

Fringed, but who cares?   It's weak sauce anyways.   A miller B with a 997 primary.   Jackpot  east of ohio is 6".  

sxxITXh.png

Kind of an odd little band of heavy snow on the front end literally a few miles to my NE. If that's real I need it to expand a tad.

32 minutes ago, Amped said:

sxxITXh.png

What are you smoking? 2” would be huge

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

1ktveYR.gif

Id be okay with this. At this point I'll even take sleet and I hate sleet. 

14 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

thats NOT what she said.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Looks like a busy 4/5 day period and models showing every possible outcome from ideal 997 off va beach to central lakes cutter. 

Which model shows the lakes cutter?  You know what’s crazy about this crusade of yours...you set an impossible standard so you can complain about the guidance.  And yes we don’t know exactly where the rain snow line will set up for the overrunning wave Monday night. Could be somewhere between DC and Harrisburg. But if we didn’t have NWP we would have no freaking idea what Monday was even going to look like yet!!!  And next Thursday...maybe it ends up a NC event and Maybe DC but before NWP we wouldn’t have any clue there was even a threat of ANYTHING on the east coast that day.  Before satellite and NWP when some of the smartest meteorologists applied only your techniques a 48 hour forecast was like a 7 day one today. There were huge busts back then with no lead time.  But instead of focusing on the amazing advancement we’ve made...the fact we even know there will be two waves next week...you want to go all Paul Bunyan and rail against the evil chainsaw.  Why don’t you learn how to use the new technology and supplement your old school methods instead of complaining incessantly about it!  Btw still waiting for you to ever contribute a day 5-10 forecast that beats the ones generating with the aid of guidance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

It is if she's a saint.

the lights were off

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Is that what you tell all your dates?.