• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nyrangers1022
    Newest Member
    nyrangers1022

January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Totals aside, I like the distance between my house and the southern extent of the accumulating snow. I'm a fan of wiggle room. 

i would be okay losing 10 inches of snow and not having a meltdown

• Haha 5

Just now, stormtracker said:

It's 174 hours away tho.   We're all excited, but nobody should be taking snowfall maps seriously/verbatim right now.   But it is nice that it's the EURO with the extreme vs the GFS.

If you're considering the end of the storm, yeah. Transfer happens near hr 130. Still def EPS range though, the next 24-48 hours will really show if the Euro can nail this thing or if it completely lets go. WDI unloading on us to make up for the past 5 years?? 

• Weenie 1

Just now, Ji said:

i would be okay losing 10 inches of snow and not having a meltdown

PSU just said it's going South I should be looking at the northern extent....gulp...I'm out

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Fringed :(

Yeah, if Central MD gets 15 inches while Central VA gets 3 feet, we riot.

• Like 2

Just now, blizzardmeiser said:

Going to be a long 6 days.  

I know. I guess the good news is the storm is kinda getting its act together by midday Sunday, so it's kinda five days away? This will be the longest week ever. Well, until the Euro takes it all away tonight, lol.

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I would trade the rest of the winter for the 12z OP Euro from today verify. Give me like 3 days of decent cold behind this to maintain the snow for a bit then we can flip to whatever.

I would trade the next 5 winters for multiple feet of snow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

It's 174 hours away tho.   We're all excited, but nobody should be taking snowfall maps seriously/verbatim right now.   But it is nice that it's the EURO with the extreme vs the GFS.

But you know they are. :)  This leads to drinking or reaping.

I think we're a little closer to this one than we were with the Thursday non-event when that started looking good initially.  And I don't think the Thursday thing had as much support as this one (nearly) across the board.

NE MD Not Really Pummeled!  

I do think if the Euro was true, the northern areas would have higher ratios with temps nearing the teens.  Glad to have something to track as virtual teaching continues on...

• Like 1

Just now, TowsonWeather said:

I would trade the next 5 winters for multiple feet of snow.

I don't know if I would trade it for the modeled 20 inches Kuchera gives me, but for 40+ that Northern VA gets, I would do that. It would be a historical storm. Most snow ever in one storm.

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

The start is 138 hours away. The finish is is 174 hours away.

tenor.gif?itemid=4850403

• Like 7

I don’t have all the panels but is this the one where the storm goes offshore and retrogrades, wobbles, and barely moves for 30 hours? If so what are the odds...

Long time lurker from Western Loudoun, now in southern NC. Hope at least half of this hits the area, long overdue. May have to journey north if it comes to fruition.

• Like 1

It's crazy how the GFS and Euro have traded places from the Thursday (non-storm) to now the Sunday/Monday Beatdown. If the Euro winds round 2, it will be #KingEuro for the next millennium!

• Like 1

I don’t have all the panels but is this the one where the storm goes offshore and retrogrades, wobbles, and barely moves for 30 hours? If so what are the odds...

During big captures or transfers the coastal low linger for a bit.

Well, recently around here we do all or nothing.

• Like 1

whenever the euro gives a monster hit...the first i do is check the JMA to see if its close. Its an underated model in terms of having the right idea.

jma_z500_mslp_us_7.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

The start is 138 hours away. The finish is is 174 hours away.

tenor.gif?itemid=4850403

it actually starts at 96---the storm has to actually start first somewhere in the country. Euro usually is pretty solid at 96 right?