• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, ryanconway63 said:

Lets get two more runs of Euro and EPS and if results are similar I think its time to take this very seriously.  Agree with PSU that the agreement on the EPS is unreal.

yea so was the agreement on the GFS and GEFS. But seems different with EURO and as PSU said--seems like alot less things to interfere

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'd say by then we're going to have a good idea whether this thing is fading or possibly one for the record books. Hopefully by Saturday we're still looking at 15"+

That's correct.  12z Thursday should set the table to see if this is real or a mirage.  Hell, even the NAM will start sniffing it out by then.  No use in getting wound up now because the Euro could be (and seems like) a fluke IMO.  Something that crazy has to be viewed with a huge dose of skepticism.  Yeah, I'm excited like everyone else here, but after getting the football yanked way too many times this winter....imma wait.

• Like 4

Just now, stormtracker said:

That's correct.  12z Thursday should set the table to see if this is real or a mirage.  Hell, even the NAM will start sniffing it out by then.  No use in getting wound up now because the Euro could be (and seems like) a fluke IMO.  Something that crazy has to be viewed with a huge dose of skepticism.  Yeah, I'm excited like everyone else here, but after getting the football yanked way too many times this winter....imma wait.

I agree with this but I'd say we're getting close to the point where it would be surprising if there wasn't *some* snow for us on Monday/Tuesday.  Will it be a big dog?  Hopefully, but as you said too early to get fully on that train.  

Just now, stormtracker said:

Thx Debbie...;)

that was fun for 1 hour though....you gotta admit. I'm playin around cause the potential and setup look better, but reality doesnt always see it that way, so I'm just savoring the moment and hoping for more moments.

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

did every model have the Jan 2016 blockbuster 4 days out(where we are now)---i dont remember.

if you aren't paywalled, this CWG article has some model outputs from 90+ hours out. there was agreement. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/01/20/how-much-snow-are-local-forecasters-and-computer-models-predicting/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, pasnownut said:

Thx Debbie...;)

that was fun for 1 hour though....you gotta admit. I'm playin around cause the potential and setup look better, but reality doesnt always see it that way, so I'm just savoring the moment and hoping for more moments.

If being realistic is Debbie...:thumbsdown:    I'm just gun shy after this winter.  And..174 hours.

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

I agree with this but I'd say we're getting close to the point where it would be surprising if there wasn't *some* snow for us on Monday/Tuesday.  Will it be a big dog?  Hopefully, but as you said too early to get fully on that train.  

Oh yeah, I think we do look good for some snow during the period.  Whether is a decent snow or monumental is the question.