Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

It depends on what you are doing with them.  We don’t do any off roading or mudding or anything.   Sounds like you might need more oomf and clearance. Ours are basically commuter cars that we can throw our bikes/skis/dog in.  

It's not technically off-roading or mudding but some of the dirt roads that I typically drive on can have up to 8" ruts in soft mud. The same roads have correspondingly great "potholes", washboarding, etc. at times. You can drive on paved roads to get to the same location but you're going to spend quite a bit of time going around. I live on a hill and the road was put in before the current standards which I believe limit the grade to 9%. It would fail that test but thankfully it's paved. Last I knew (probably a decade ago) my town had 30% paved roads. It's substantially cheaper to repair with gravel and a grader. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoth said:

@Damage In Tolland Got some Hoof Hearted "$50 Nachos" today. Man, super tasty. It says on the can it's brewed at 12%, which confuses me. I thought they were out in Indiana or something. Do you know what the deal is? Is 12% a contract brewer?

Lol. We’ve talked about this I think . 12% is a contract brewery where brewers can go an brew. It’s where FOC , Hoof Hearted , Marlowe and many others brew almost all their beer. They rent out the vats and space to brew . But only high end breweries . The breweries sell it as their own and 12% also gets a certain portion of proceeds. They’re right in your backyard dude in North Haven. I know we discussed this at least once . 
https://www.instagram.com/twelve.percent.beer.project/?igshid=1szbmdp11vxe6

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. We’ve talked about this I think . 12% is a contract brewery where brewers can go an brew. It’s where FOC , Hoof Hearted , Marlowe and many others brew almost all their beer. They rent out the vats and space to brew . But only high end breweries . The breweries sell it as their own and 12% also gets a certain portion of proceeds. They’re right in your backyard dude in North Haven. I know we discussed this at least once . 

Thanks, got it straight now.

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Right now they are not sending samples back.  No technology for that yet.   But they are storing the samples in a way that they could easily be sent back in a secure I contaminated way for when that can happen

OK, thanks for the clarification. Still big though. I assume this rover has much better tools for soil analysis and searching for organic molecules and the like.

• Like 1

I’ve had a lot of free time (lol) obviously, and it’s absolutely astonishing what the real number of infected people in this country probably is. There are estimates out there that over 120 million people have contracted the virus or roughly 1/3 of the US pop.

Especially in the early months of the pandemic, where tests weren’t readily available to all who wanted or needed them, it’s estimated by some, That only 1 in 10 infections were being caught.

11 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Lava Rock didn't think bitcoin would break 50k but it did!!! Good time to sell.  

Musk, just bought 1.5 Billion. I wouldn't sell Bitcoin at all.   

The key with bitcoin is the Supply is very limited, if Large Institutions decide to allocate even 2% of their funds into Crypto (like Kathy wood-top money manager of 2020 is) then this literally goes to the moon, and is likely the reason it is already heading there.  Steady accumulation buy Huge institutions just grinds this higher .  The top for Bitcoin is so far up it's hard to see. 200,000 is very doable as institutions with billions invested begin to allocate Cyrpto in small amounts, as opposed to having never had any. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, monadnocks said:

Thanks for the advice! While we've had the Jeep, we've also gone through a Forester and have replaced that with a Crosstrek. So we're definitely part of the northern NE crew with Subarus. The Subaru / Jeep mix has served us well. There have been times when the Subarus weren't going to cut it either in terms of clearance, power or 4 wheel low and it's been nice to have the Jeep. Otoh, the I don't necessarily want to spend 40K or more for a Jeep.

The Wrangler (and perhaps other Jeep models) are built to handle off-roading.  Subarus are built to handle almost all on-road conditions, a significant difference.  Hitting major LES in western PA (heaviest snowfall rates I've ever seen though little wind) was a lot more comfortable in our first Forester than it had been two years earlier in our little Mazda pickup, especially as we'd left all the extra weight in Illinois as Christmas presents for the grandkids.  :o

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Musk, just bought 1.5 Billion. I wouldn't sell Bitcoin at all.   

The key with bitcoin is the Supply is very limited, if Large Institutions decide to allocate even 2% of their funds into Crypto (like Kathy wood-top money manager of 2020 is) then this literally goes to the moon, and is likely the reason it is already heading there.  Steady accumulation buy Huge institutions just grinds this higher .  The top for Bitcoin is so far up it's hard to see. 200,000 is very doable as institutions with billions invested begin to allocate Cyrpto in small amounts, as opposed to having never had any. 

50K.

I can't afford ONE.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:31 PM, NorEastermass128 said:

Site is down for me....dang Cape Ann Comcast

Thursday was a shit show.  Site crashed and my wife couldn’t book her 2nd shot until hours after returning home late at night.  She had to verify eligibility but I didn’t when I went.  Gillette really was good!

1 hour ago, amarshall said:

Hundreds of power trucks heading north on the Maine turnpike. Was there an icing event in northern Maine? Maybe they're returning from Texas?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Must be the 10 flakes per minute crashing all power north of PWM.  Getting serious, this last event produced fluff in southern Maine and nothing here, so I've no idea where those trucks are heading to or returning from.

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

One for the record books occurring off a 81% frozen lake erie overnight. 30-40" since last night and still coming down heavily. In all my years following lake effect, I've never seen anything like it. I honestly did not know it was even possible from a meteorological perspective.

--------

That's insane! I love watching it snow but that's just crazy. Good thing you have the tractor.

• Like 1