Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

14 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I'm shamelessly asking for IMBY advice... given the opportunity, would you guys to go Charlottesville for this one or stay in Arlington? I think I know the answer but want validation. 

Charlottesville Sunday, Arlington Monday 

• Like 2

Hey peeps. Let me clear the air first. I never intended to stay offline here this long. It just happened. However, last couple years lost their luster for me meaning I stopped having fun here. That's a me problem tho. Y'all do you forever. Thing is, I'm pretty damn busy with real life basically always. This place is a time suck and a half. Then add it all the hours spent staring at maps/charts/graphs/blah blah blah and I realized that I'm absolutely not using my own potential to do big things in life. So ALL that energy and analysis that I traded off here I put to work somewhere else and it was the smartest decision of my life. 

Nobody will like to hear this but I've become disinterested in long range tracking. Too much self induced stress/work for basically nothing in return for years at a time. I became a square peg and this game is a circle hole. Also a circle jerk but that's a different topic alltogether. I haven't tracked jack shit all year. I knew it was a nina and that's all I needed to know. If it happens great and if not I have more important stuff to do. But...... but................. BUT.......... IT"S FOOKIN HAPPENING. BOOM.

I'm here for jokes and obs and entertainment. I really don't care nearly as much what any model says cuz wx gon wx and it doesn't give AF about our feelings. Nice to see a blocked coastal in a nina though. That's a bonus check and a half. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Weenie 2

Just now, batmanbrad said:

In honor of the return of THE CHILL, I think we should name this upcoming storm for him in some way?  Or might it depend on how it performs...

Our last double digit snowfall (for at least DCA and IAD) was the Jan 12-14 2019 storm, which was also known as the Bob Chill storm ;) so maybe he'll bring the good mojo back!

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Hey peeps. Let me clear the air first. I never intended to stay offline here this long. It just happened. However, last couple years lost their luster for me meaning I stopped having fun here. That's a me problem tho. Y'all do you forever. Thing is, I'm pretty damn busy with real life basically always. This place is a time suck and a half. Then add it all the hours spent staring at maps/charts/graphs/blah blah blah and I realized that I'm absolutely not using my own potential to do big things in life. So ALL that energy and analysis that I traded off here I put to work somewhere else and it was the smartest decision of my life. 

Nobody will like to hear this but I've become disinterested in long range tracking. Too much self induced stress/work for basically nothing in return for years at a time. I became a square peg and this game is a circle hole. Also a circle jerk but that's a different topic alltogether. I haven't tracked jack shit all year. I knew it was a nina and that's all I needed to know. If it happens great and if not I have more important stuff to do. But...... but................. BUT.......... IT"S FOOKIN HAPPENING. BOOM.

I'm here for jokes and obs and entertainment. I really don't care nearly as much what any model says but wx gon wx and it doesn't give AF about our feelings. Nice to see a blocked coastal in a nina though. That's a bonus check in a half. 

Never make apologies for doing shit you need or needed to do. Hell, I question why I keep doing this all the time. I have two reasons. One runs the joint. 

But as you might remember, I gave up the burying myself in pattern stuff a while ago and it’s all just letting others steer that ship. I’m here for the lolz and tears. 

Life throws a lot of shit at you and it’s all about staying above water. 

Glad to know you’ve been good. Welcome back and hope it snows. Cheers, brother

• Like 3

Well done good sir...  well done

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

White Wizard: You are tracking the footsteps of weather models showing a MECS.
Weenies: We are. Where is the storm?
White Wizard: It came ashore the day before yesterday. It met someone it did not expect. Does that comfort you?
Weenies: Who are you? Show yourself!
[The White Wizard steps out of the light revealing to be Bob Chill]
Weenies: It cannot be... you fell!
Bob Chill: Through fire... and water... From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought him, the Pac Jet of sadness. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside. Darkness took me. And I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life-age of the earth. But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I have been sent back, until my task is done.
Weenies: Bob Chill!
Bob Chill: Bob Chill? Yes... that's what they used to call me. Bob Chill. That was my name.
Weenies: Bob Chill!
Bob Chill: I am Bob Chill the White! I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

:lmao:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm here for jokes and obs and entertainment. I really don't care nearly as much what any model says cuz wx gon wx and it doesn't give AF about our feelings. Nice to see a blocked coastal in a nina though. That's a bonus check and a half. 

Totally can understand where you're coming from, Bob, and I think we can all respect that.  Regardless of how much you want to say or analyze or report...your input here is always welcome at any level!  Thanks for all the insight over the years, I really learned a lot just by reading, and I have always liked your attitude regardless of how bad or good our snow chances were.

And HELL YEAHHHH...it's FOOKIN' happening! :lol:  (required disclaimer:  I hope so, anyhow, LOL!!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Bob Chill, honestly, it's just good to know you are OK. A lot of people lost people during the last year or so. 

That's all I care about. You do you :)

Yea, I totally get that. As a father of 4 kids and a lot of friends over 50 years old, I worry myself when someone goes quiet. That was never my intention. Had I had known at any time that my absence was going to be this long I would have dropped a line. I was really glad when WxUSAF emailed me a few months ago honestly. I had already been thinking that I'm indirectly (or directly) causing people to have dark thoughts about my whereabouts because I'm the same exact way with other people. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Sup peeps. I'm new here. How much for Rockville?

We always welcome new members here. :)

To answer your question... :

A ccb looks like to set up somewhere. The intensity of it and its exact location are yet to be determined, of course, depending on the exact track of the mid-level low and whether the 500mb low can remain closed (source more knowledgeable posters than me). But if I were a betting man I would guess that you would most likely end up with MECS-level accumulations w/ an upside of a borderline MECS/HECS at your location.

There are far more knowledgeable posters than me here like @CAPE @psuhoffman @WxUSAF @MillvilleWx @high risk and many more people as you will soon find out.

We are a crazy bunch that will fight to the death sometimes for the snow-max zone. But we aren't as crazy as we seem online in person. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Yea, I totally get that. As a father of 4 kids and a lot of friends over 50 years old, I worry myself when someone goes quiet. That was never my intention. Had I had known at any time that my absence was going to be this long I would have dropped a line. I was really glad when WxUSAF emailed me a few months ago honestly. I had already been thinking that I'm indirectly (or directly) causing people to have dark thoughts about my whereabouts because I'm the same exact way with other people. 

Kudos to you Bob.  Youre entitled to your life despite how other may feel about wanting your input here.  Speaking of dark thoughts, anyone ever hear anything from Showmethesnow?  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic