Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Just a suggestion, and I’ve never tried to make a map so you’re ahead of me, but if I did I would try to find an underlay that’s more subtle. I don’t think that you need the roadways. Just the county boundaries.

I concur!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Just a suggestion, and I’ve never tried to make a map so you’re ahead of me, but if I did I would try to find an underlay that’s more subtle. I don’t think that you need the roadways. Just the county boundaries.

I just found whatever I could on google. Though good point. I will find a better one shouldn't be that hard. 

• Like 1

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Back in the day I'd get my Canadian  Molson Triple X beer black market style but they took US coin only lol . Damn Canadian's :ph34r:

Their beer was good though but I mostly bought it for the ABV. 

When this was still possible, I'd have 15 cans of the higher ABV Molson in my carryon (you're not going to put that stuff in your checked bags) to give away to various people.

• Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

NAM but that sneaky torch wherever it is has me worried. Precip isn't heavy enough and the 850 is less favorable here. For all I know I could lose this storm all overnight.

You’ll be fine.  MD eastern shore however under the gun...but you should be solid.  Where are you exactly?

Just now, BristowWx said:

Yikes.  I see it now on Google maps.  Yeah you are right 850s are inferno there.  Bay temps 8-10 above average.  Let’s see what guidance looks like tomorrow. #prayingforgoldsboro

I know how this ends. Just a little later than usual. It's not a complete disaster, the least snowy model is still a few inches at least. It is the long range NAM after all. If the euro and the GFS model trend the same way the NAM does, which I know is bound to happen because it never snows more than a few inches anymore until it snows more than a few inches.

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

People are going to learn that you can’t use that model for this.

Pretty much.  I wish we could get them to the point of zen about the NAM burps.  Or at least wait for other models to confirm.   This happened like 12 hours ago.  Short memories 'round here.

Just now, JakkelWx said:

I know how this ends. Just a little later than usual. It's not a complete disaster, the least snowy model is still a few inches at least. It is the long range NAM after all. If the euro and the GFS model trend the same way the NAM does, which I know is bound to happen because it never snows more than a few inches anymore until it snows more than a few inches.

It’s fine I was just clowning.  You should be solid and snow will linger quite a while there.  Another east bump and boom you are jack town. It ain’t over til it’s over 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic