• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Hey everyone I have revised my forecast and this is the new snowfall maps. The first map is the first or Sunday to Sunday night storm and the second one is the Monday to Tuesday storm. If you cant tell which is which the one where snowfall is lesser the further north that is the Sunday storm. The one where it increases the further north is the Monday threat. Tell me what you think and if you think it is accurate. 

Part 1.png

Part 2.png

Just now, SnowenOutThere said:

Hey everyone I have revised my forecast and this is the new snowfall maps. The first map is the first or Sunday to Sunday night storm and the second one is the Monday to Tuesday storm. If you cant tell which is which the one where snowfall is lesser the further north that is the Sunday storm. The one where it increases the further north is the Monday threat. Tell me what you think and if you think it is accurate. 

Part 1.png

Part 2.png

I'm not going to parse it, but seems reasonable...maybe a little ambitious in some places...Good luck....but bruh, work on your map skills.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Decided on Sykesville...figure a little less on the thump and hopefully closer to the deform band...oh yeah plus company :wub:

Bow chicka chicka wow wow.  I assume that’s the music you play during these trips to Sykesville.  In the car on the way there.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

There's an Lmolineux map from like 15 years ago.  This would be the time to post it.

I remember exactly where I was when I came across that map. That's how epic that was. I couldn't stop laughing for hours. Weren't the Hawaiian Islands just off the Southeast coast on that map as well?

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I wish that would happen. Like being transported back in time. Until the day I die I’ll remember one post Ian made that caused me to spit a beer all the way across the room. I know I’ll bore people hear who’ve heard it but I gotta tell it for anybody who never has. It was the 0z Thursday night runs for the Jan 30 storm in 2010. The models had been going against us and the 0z was like a huge nail in the coffin. You could just feel the air go out . Ian posted “I may kill the next person I see” and for whatever reason I thought it was the funniest thing. Guess you had to be in the thread that night to understand. Turned out it wasn’t the nail as we began out legendary model comeback at 12z the next morning.

What an incredible year...especially the couple weeks from when we reeled that late-January storm north through February 10. Crazy shite.

Just now, mattie g said:

What an incredible year...especially the couple weeks from when we reeled that late-January storm north through February 10. Crazy shite.

That 12-day stretch (Jan. 30-Feb. 10) was unreal.  Four warning-level events, two of which were HECS-level (Jan. 30, Feb. 2, Feb. 5-6, Feb. 9-10).  The most concentrated amount of snow in such a period that I've ever experienced.

2 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I just like the weather and forecasting like everyone else here. 

Just a suggestion, and I’ve never tried to make a map so you’re ahead of me, but if I did I would try to find an underlay that’s more subtle. I don’t think that you need the roadways. Just the county boundaries.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic