Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Ok so when things happen for no apparent reason it bothers me. So why are the WV and MD counties not in the watch? Have they just not had time to write them. Don’t be confused. I don’t give two shits about watches, but I just don’t understand THOSE watches.

I can't answer, obviously. But I did notice they haven't tweeted it out yet, so perhaps theres a hiccup on their end? 

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Ok so when things happen for no apparent reason it bothers me. So why are the WV and MD counties not in the watch? Have they just not had time to write them. Don’t be confused. I don’t give two shits about watches, but I just don’t understand THOSE watches.

The watch only covers Sunday's WAA.  LWX doesn't expect those areas to reach warning criteria from that part of the storm.

Eta:  That's my guess.

Just now, mappy said:

I can't answer, obviously. But I did notice they haven't tweeted it out yet, so perhaps theres a hiccup on their end? 

Yeah. It actually may be that they have to be written. The whole county line thing with forecasts and warning doesn’t make a lot of sense to me either. Just like calculating a daily average temp using one high and one low in an age where literally thousands of temperatures could be computer averaged and you’d have a much clearer picture of the real avg temp of a day. LOL there, got it all off my chest :lol:

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

The watch only covers Sunday's WAA.  LWX doesn't expect those areas to reach warning criteria from that part of the storm.

But they'd still issue a watch regardless. A watch is issued first, then either goes up to a warning or down to an advisory. 

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yeah. It actually may be that they have to be written. The whole county line thing with forecasts and warning doesn’t make a lot of sense to me either. Just like calculating a daily average temp using one high and one low in an age where literally thousands of temperatures could be computer averaged and you’d have a much clearer picture of the real avg temp of a day. LOL there, got it all off my chest :lol:

lol do you feel better? 

Just now, mappy said:

But they'd still issue a watch regardless. A watch is issued first, then either goes up to a warning or down to an advisory. 

True.  Maybe LWX knows the non-Parrs Ridge folks are just a bunch of weenies that will keep emailing and tweeting them to issue a watch, while the cool Carroll county kids couldn't give a shYt.

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I think one of the reasons is the expectation is for the snow on the front end to only reach advisory criteria and they are leaning towards the coastal portion being further east, so it leaves the northern and western areas away from I-83 to be left out. That could be the reason. I'm a little surprised at the decision, but I'm also not at the desk at Sterling, so there might be more on the collaboration end with other offices (State College). 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

True.  Maybe LWX knows the non-Parrs Ridge folks are just a bunch of weenies that will keep emailing and tweeting them to issue a watch, while the cool Carroll county kids couldn't give a shYt.

i mean, they are going to get snow regardless. but yeah i think its just a system thing. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic