Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Just now, stormtracker said:

?

Well someone asked about the maps for the geps. Amped said they had been listed and I pointed out that those weren’t the geps hoping that someone would post it. Went back to see if it had and couldn’t find any of the posts. Maybe they are there and I’m just a dumbass lol 

6 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

So now we are deleting posts discussing the geps mean maps?

If that’s how this is gonna go down then I don’t think I need to be here.

It was literally one post above people asking "where is it" and then there were like four posts saying "it's right there!"

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Well someone asked about the maps for the geps. Amped said they had been listed and I pointed out that those weren’t the geps hoping that someone would post it. Went back to see if it had and couldn’t find any of the posts. Maybe they are there and I’m just a dumbass lol 

i wouldnt take offense, you were one of 4 people all saying the same thing about where the map was

11 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

My bar for Arlington is 6" so that juuuustttt meets it. Good news is this was only a bad run for D.C. because I was leaning on staying in Arlington instead of going to Cville. It'll flip back next run now that I have doubts.

I mean...I'm purpled, but 7" or so would be kind of lame for 36 hours of snow.

• Like 2

Man the euro is awfully jumpy....the gfs just meandered it's way down to a nice solution while the euro said here have a big storm let me jack SW Virginia or maybe let me jack NE Maryland or how about Central PA or Philly no wait let me jack DC and SE nevermind let me jack NW Virginia and WV now. I guess at least the jacks have been in a circle.....what a jerk model. Go America/Canada combo

Just saw someone b*tching on an Anne Arundel County wx facebook page that she is disappointed in the snow forecast because "Winter is supposed to be over"....I said huh? We're in the heart of winter...coldest climo period right now.  Some people you just cant teach weather to no matter how many times lol

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Just saw someone b*tching on an Anne Arundel County wx facebook page that she is disappointed in the snow forecast because "Winter is supposed to be over"....I said huh? We're in the heart of winter...coldest climo period right now.  Some people you just cant teach weather to no matter how many times lol

Oh Steve....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yea. I usually expect bigger storms in January and especially February. At least in this area.

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Man the euro is awfully jumpy....the gfs just meandered it's way down to a nice solution while the euro said here have a big storm let me jack SW Virginia or maybe let me jack NE Maryland or how about Central PA or Philly no wait let me jack DC and SE nevermind let me jack NW Virginia and WV now. I guess at least the jacks have been in a circle.....what a jerk model. Go America/Canada combo

I don't know if it's because I'm hopecasting or what, but I'm not even worried about the Euro snow map.  

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

"Winter is supposed to be over"....I said huh? We're in the heart of winter...coldest climo period right now.  Some people you just cant teach weather to no matter how many times lol

It makes sense because actually the earth is a disc instead of a sphere, and in wintertime, that disk tilts away from the sun, and everyone slides off and drifts away into space. Done! No more winter.

It could also be a very confused ISS Astronaut...

• Haha 1

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

I mean this calls for a CWG type forecast 3-6" with a boom scenario of 3-12" and a bust scenario of 0-3"

I love CWG, and they were a big inspiration to me. That being said, when they give a forecast saying 30% bust and 30% boom chances... my takeaway is that they think their main forecast is more likely wrong than right. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SnowDreamer said:

I love CWG, and they were a big inspiration to me. That being said, when they give a forecast saying 30% bust and 30% boom chances... my takeaway is that they think their main forecast is more likely wrong than right. 

Watch it Pal....

• Haha 2

I hope the models converge that by tomorrow all the forecasts for DC are at least in the  6 to 10 inch range.  It will be a letdown if we don't even get warning level snows out of this. Yes, I know it hasn't snowed in 2 years. But a 3 to 6- inch storm, especially spread over two days and probably not even sure until Monday morning if Part 2 will even arrive, really isn't going to make up for that. 

Just now, SnowDreamer said:

I'm not referring to their current forecast. I have no idea what their current forecast is. 

I got what you meant...you were talking about their forecast for every storm.  And I agree....just make a call and stick with it.  Not these 20% chance of this, 40% chance of something else, 10% chance of that, and 30% chance of that other thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowDreamer said:

I'm not referring to their current forecast. I have no idea what their current forecast is. 

From Was Post/Cap Weather:

Forecast totals

If the storm’s second wave materializes, which is dependent on a new coastal storm developing quickly near the North Carolina coast, snow will continue to fall into Monday or even Monday night and early Tuesday. Totals could exceed half a foot, possibly reaching double-digits in inches in some areas. But, if the coastal storm forms either too far north, or too far off the coast, the additional accumulations will be limited to the few inches from the initial wave on Sunday.

• Based on all of the model information and our forecast experience, we believe a moderate 4-to 8-inch snowstorm is the most likely scenario in D.C. area for this event, although we cannot rule out 8 to 12-plus inches if the second wave materializes or just 2 to 4 inches if it does not and the first batch of snow turns out to be lackluster.

• Like 1

Just now, wxtrix said:

then what are you talking about?

It's not uncommon for their forecasts to give >50% chance to combined boom and bust scenarios. I've seen it many times on their site. Again, no hate for CWG. I love love them and I think they do a fantastic job. The percentages they put out for those booms and busts read wonky to me, that's all.

48 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It was literally one post above people asking "where is it" and then there were like four posts saying "it's right there!"

46 minutes ago, mappy said:

i wouldnt take offense, you were one of 4 people all saying the same thing about where the map was

No worries. I just wanted to the geps LOL.

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic