Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

26 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I don't know but its obvious from the drastic shifts in guidance run to run and how closely those shifts correspond to the handling of that feature in New England, that its volatile and delicate.  The guidance is having a really hard time getting a handle on what that little vort is going to do and it has a great effect on our system.  

24 minutes ago, frd said:

Very true, one small feature can have dramatic effects.  

Oooof!!! That is maddening...one tiny feature with huge impacts either way! One aspect of tracking snow that will drive ya to drink if you're a drinker (thankfully I'm not, lol). Little tiny thing is like rolling the dice...the chaos element of this hobby that can't be seen until closer in. I certainly hope it can break in our favor this time!

@frd you should be in a very good spot to see mostly snow, or maybe even all snow from this depending how far north/south the low ends up tucking. DT had you in the 12''+ zone last night. 8'' for me. My backyard is the only important place in the whole mid-atlantic so I am hugging the RGEM and CMC

• Like 1

Just now, JakkelWx said:

@frd you should be in a very good spot to see mostly snow, or maybe even all snow from this depending how far north/south the low ends up tucking. DT had you in the 12''+ zone last night. 8'' for me. My backyard is the only important place in the whole mid-atlantic so I am hugging the RGEM and CMC

Thanks,  I am very close to the MD state line right below the C & D Canal. My location may help. Seems I may be able to take advantage of the coma head and the front end thump of snow. Good luck to you ! 

• Like 1

First time, long time but I have a question.  Is it hypothetically possible to have the bifurcation of the sphere where the max parcels of moisture conveyance are attained over a specific coordinate on longitude and latitude thanks to hours and hours of concern, nay deep concern, over the suppressive quality of mostly nitrogen but some oxygen gaseous vapor?

Asking for a friend

• Haha 1

Just now, Scuddz said:

My neighborhood facebook group is a nightmare right now with this storm.  I've been here two years and not announced myself as a meteorologist to anyone I don't hang out with regularly.  I might have to this time.

you should just stir up more trouble. say it will rain or something instead

• Haha 3

Just now, mappy said:

you should just stir up more trouble. say it will rain or something instead

It's crossed my mind multiple times.

Right now it's 50/50: "EHRMYGERD SNOW!" and "Stupid weatherman didn't say it was going to be windy and now my garbage is 3 doors down and blowing everwhere"

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Scuddz said:

My neighborhood facebook group is a nightmare right now with this storm.  I've been here two years and not announced myself as a meteorologist to anyone I don't hang out with regularly.  I might have to this time.

You'll be a hit at parties.  

9 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@Always in Zugzwang remember when I said the crews were coming in from across the business empire? Well, they’re here.

We will have guards at every high structure in the metropolitan region, with strict orders to call it in if someone jumps. This was today’s morning roll call. We even brought in the bloodhounds in case weenies try to escape.

10ada39c-83d9-4ed6-9692-65d7bcd39a8d-ske

I need the public’s help. If someone cancels the storm or jumps prematurely please send it to my tip line. Share the post in Banter or press 3 when dialing 1-800-REAPME2.

I will bury anyone that tries to hop off the train now.

Thank you for your cooperation.

27-273118_clip-art-logo-png-for-grim-rea

You did indeed mention the legion of crews coming in to assist!  They look like they mean some serious bid-nizzz!!!

Oh, and I think there are modern medical treatments for premature jumping? :lol:  Remember, if you feel like jumping for more than 4 hours, please contact your physician!!

8 minutes ago, Scuddz said:

It's crossed my mind multiple times.

Right now it's 50/50: "EHRMYGERD SNOW!" and "Stupid weatherman didn't say it was going to be windy and now my garbage is 3 doors down and blowing everwhere"

sounds about right

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic