Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just hope that the few weenies that still use qpf to live and die with take heed at what the Mets and folks in the know are saying. There will be more qpf than modeled and there won’t be a subby zone like you’d see in a big wound up coastal. This will be a nice widespread 6+ deal. The one concern is coastal areas and BL temps. Hopefully those areas are ok . When these go out south of LI.. most folks win 

Box has a good map currently....2-3 for most inland areas, and a lil more up northeast.  If the Euro and others keep ticking west today, then maybe a 3-4/3-5 type deal away from the water, if things look positive through today.  Nothing wrong with 2-3 inches to start the 1st week of ‘21. 

6 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

sn10_acc.us_ne-21.thumb.png.b1362a3acbc7fde2ef5b2600ce4319e9.png

I'll sign.

This isn’t far from what I think might happen. Kind of a broad brush advisory snowfall. Wouldn’t surprise me though to see a stripe of warning snow where some of the residual midlevel support is. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This isn’t far from what I think might happen. Kind of a broad brush advisory snowfall. Wouldn’t surprise me though to see a stripe of warning snow where some of the residual midlevel support is. 

Yup. Build a solid base with a lot of 6”+ of wet man snow.. keep it just cold enough not to melt and add more over the next week over time 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup. Build a solid base with a lot of 6”+ of wet man snow.. keep it just cold enough not to melt and add more over the next week over time 

Im not sure how much 6+ this will have in SNE. Might be a lot more 3-5ish if we can’t tuck in the baroclinic zone tighter. We’ll see how the next 12 hours trends though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Still argues for better snow up north than the models are showing right now. Hope you are right. 

Yeah I like the upper level track and would be surprised if there isn’t more qpf to the northwest of what is currently shown. 

Like I said before, maybe I’m wrong this time. It wouldn’t be the first time and certainly not the last, but just based on the core of the vort track and ULL, you’d expect more precip blossoming on that NW side than models are spitting out. 

• Like 1