• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Malcolm M
    Newest Member
    Malcolm M

January 2021

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

But if you throw enough crap at the wall,  eventually it sticks?

Not if it’s ‘reah

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

At least it seems like we'll get some cold air soon, which is definitely an improvement. Looks like the -EPO shot didn't disappear as we approached it in time. 4 days out, and solid -2 to -2.5 sigma values still forecast, and seems to stay at least slightly negative through almost the end of January. Cross-ensemble package agreement here.

image.png.c675f192f5b37be21e3a990afdeccc23.png

image.png.d3feed76e1c1ee72282051bb31d395e2.png

8 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

At least it seems like we'll get some cold air soon, which is definitely an improvement. Looks like the -EPO shot didn't disappear as we approached it in time. 4 days out, and solid -2 to -2.5 sigma values still forecast, and seems to stay at least slightly negative through almost the end of January. Cross-ensemble package agreement here.

image.png.c675f192f5b37be21e3a990afdeccc23.png

image.png.d3feed76e1c1ee72282051bb31d395e2.png

Lots of perturbed members in here.

It’s literally been a month since the last snow. Very hard to wrap head around that .  Can’t even manage a weak system to drop an inch . Back to reading Freak and Phinny slapping dongs over upslope . Thank the dear lord for IPA’s

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 3

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looking great! Snowy 

Isn't that what you said to to many days ago? Lol

For real though. 1/2 of you are so in the toilet with this Winter. I also am missing the Snow and I'm hoping for some real Snow soon. But, what I am not doing is writing anything off until Winter is over. Do you guys realize when you poo-poo all over this particular forum that you are ruining it for all others who are here to talk about whatever upcoming threats there are? If your that distraught, just leave those comments in the banter section.. Not here. I can't beleive your not tired of hearing yourselves crying. Lololololololol. So.. For those who want to stay and discuss upcoming events and are ready to put on there big boys and girls pants, then we have a productive forum. For those who do not, just dont say anything at all. Most don't want to hear it. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s literally been a month since the last snow. Very hard to wrap head around that .  Can’t even manage a weak system to drop an inch . Back to reading Freak and Phinny slapping dongs over upslope . Thank the dear lord for IPA’s

Climo coldest day of the year coming up this week. Car nape season starts in a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But again, have to remember still, it’s 1/17.  Long way to go here.  I wouldn’t be spiking any footballs on a below average season on Jan 17th. 

Oh I agree. Just warning them of the possibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Here’s a good mind-bender....BOS/ORH/BDL are all still above average for snowfall to date. 

Granted, BOS is only 0.3” above normal, so they will fall behind after today, but it still supports your point to an even greater extent than you were making. 

In  a way, that context puts an exclamation point on how crappy the last month has been.  We're in a constant state of late March/early April conditions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A 2015 Junior might be in the making.   Like a 50% type deal    I could live with that

That’s where I’m hedging. A couple weeks of a good stretch. May not be KU after KU but we’ll be around normal snow by season’s end. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

In  a way, that context puts an exclamation point on how crappy the last month has been.  We're in a constant state of late March/early April conditions.

And reminds you how sad SNE climo is for a big time snow lover . Just don’t gimme another 10 day dry stretch for NNE

16 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I got s coating last week, I think north Worcester got a bit more, I was up there earlier this week and they still had a solid coating on the ground.

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You wonder if they have a secret handshake? Maybe flap it around and knight each other with their sword?

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

We’ve had two sunny days out of the last two weeks.  Cool, cloudy and dry other than the rain storm Friday night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

So the NW CT Hills didn't get 6-10"?

Starting to think its December snow that porks winter.

Hopefully your sig other can deal with your miserability

• Haha 1

Just now, Henry's Weather said:

Probably meant meteorological winter

I know what he meant. But it snows outside of MET winter A LOT.  He knows that.  And the Guy’s nothing but a Troll. 

• Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ground hog day pattern 

Does anyone doubt that hog will call for an early spring this year, lol?  Fits the pattern.