Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

3 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

February 79 or March 80 too

Interesting you mention 79.  Late yesterday afternoon the sky had almost completely clouded over except a little outline of the sun.  The first time I saw a similar sky was the Saturday afternoon  before the great Presidents Day storm of 79.  Of  course back on that Saturday, there was a stiff northerly breeze and temp was in the upper 20s. Friday the day before it had been 68 and sunny.  Sunday was snowy and windy with temps in the mid teens.  Wound up with 14” IMBY.   I remember listening on the old weather radio for the hourly updates where they would give conditions around the Carolinas and Ga and it was snowing everywhere but Charleston and Savannah. Myrtle Beach reported heavy snow and 18 degrees.  One of my favorites!!  Multiple events that winter.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wow said:

It's been great seeing the Atlantic come back to a sustained seasonal -NAO after several years but then losing the Pacific to lock out the arctic air is just downright insulting.  The last hope here something like this where the PNA ridge finally breaks through...

So true, but to be fair the Pacific was various flavors of dumpster fire through 2018-19 and 2019-20.  It's not like the Pacific and Atlantic immediately switched places from good to bad.  Last year they were both horrible.

Right now the Pacific looks the least bad it has all winter so maybe we can make hay while the sun is shining (figuratively speaking).

Man! Come back in to reset my mind from present to future after today’s event and the Euro just plants a weenies dream. Anyone with Euro maps access think this scenario is beyond plausible and if so what it is keying on vs the gfs? Is there enough spacing with the cutter and then the possible storm day 7?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddy1987 said:

Man! Come back in to reset my mind from present to future after today’s event and the Euro just plants a weenies dream. Anyone with Euro maps access think this scenario is beyond plausible and if so what it is keying on vs the gfs? Is there enough spacing with the cutter and then the possible storm day 7?

That Euro run was a thing of beauty.  February 8th's temperatures though?  Downright frigid.:shiver:

2 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Right!? :lol:  It still drops 5-6” imby. The next couple weeks are going to be interesting for sure. I couldn’t help but notice that the Euro gives me a dusting in the early morning hours tomorrow  :D 

My birthday is in that time frame. Told my bride to be ready to go. I will find snow some where. She just got back from Norristown Pa Friday, argh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

I love how the 12Z GFS shows the coldest air of the season on Monday...  then the system that rolls through is rain.  :lol:

Ugly to see that for sure, but that's the time period of interest.  Cold shot comes down and gets trapped a bit underneath the Greenland Blocking...hopefully after that we can see one or 2 legit chances emerge.  The details on the various modeling will be murky for now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1