Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,029
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting


WxUSAF

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Called 5-8" here in our neck of the woods in northern Carroll. If the backend does anything like the Euro said, I'll barely bust low, otherwise its a pretty spot on forecast. Sitting at 7" after part 1. 

7” here as well. Solid 5-8” call 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

 I havent experienced falling temps with freezing rain and sleet (10 hrs after the storm started) with the changeover to snow line heading toward me from the SW.  Interesting dynamics with this storm..

I cant remember a storm where I ever got hit after dry slotting either. I havent gotten hit yet. But with the obs down south it is going to happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant remember a storm where I ever got hit after dry slotting either. I havent gotten hit yet. But with the obs down south it is going to happen. 

Obviously would have preferred the 12-18" that was a real possibility a few days ago but I have enjoyed this one nonetheless.  Sledding with the kids in ridiculous rates, chili, bourbon, fire in the fireplace....packed it all in. lol  A coating to 2" tonight would be icing on the cake...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More and more optimistic about the euro being onto something for tonight seeing our winds veer to the north and the Radar blossoming to the south. That warm nose should be gone in the next hour or two for the favored spots as the low gets up to our latitude and wraps up as well. Closed h85 low right on top of us to help enhance some Precip returns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...