Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

22 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

NWS forecast looks a lot like 12z euro. More N-S gradient in MD due to how much snow falls after the flip back to snow. I like the NWS map although it’s maybe a little bullish on the 12-18” area size.

That’s what I was thinking as well. Simply based on climo and the most recent guidance, I’m thinking more like 6-12” (or perhaps 5-10” per MillvilleWx) for the nearby north and west Baltimore suburbs such as Cockeysville, Owings Mills, and probably also Reisterstown, with the 12”+ totals north and west of a line from Hereford to Mt Airy.

I think @Ellinwood’s map is a better guess.

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I can't believe I'm doing this, but the NAM at 51...

1. Is definitely colder
  2. Has the LP probably 70 miles south and *just* a hair west of the last few runs 

Do you mean east? It looks to me like, after it jumped a bit east at 12z, it's now jumped considerably east again at 18z. It's now off of OC and not just off either. Much better. Surprised the thermals look as bad as they do.

• Like 2

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

To my eyes, the NAM looks east by a decent chunk (50 miles?).

3k at 38 has much better moisture transport or at least looks more juicy as well. I really need front end to overproduce down this way because I don’t get ccb like a lot of folks farther to my north and east 

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Do you mean east? It looks to me like, after it jumped a bit east at 12z, it's now jumped considerably east again at 18z. It's now off of OC and not just off either. Much better. Surprised the thermals look as bad as they do.

I was referring to where it was at 51. It does scoot east after that.

We all know the NAM is bad, especially at range, so I'm not worrying about too many details - just some generalities I noticed during a pretty important period.

4 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

This does not hold for the 3km.  

The Nest has a closed 5H depiction for several hrs compared to every other model. It amps up and moves north, well west of other guidance. Something to monitor as that would screw a lot of people over. Still at range and can have those tendencies to be over amped beyond 36 hrs, at least from my experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

I want you all to be prepared for the greatest succession of model runs in Mid Atlantic snow storm history.. over the next 36 hours we are going to see a slow and steady shift to colder temperatures.. all of you all teetering on the brink will see you 1-3 turn in  to 2-4.. then to 6-8 and then.. the ever important 8-14.  

This shit is happening

tenor.gif.66b58705bff9c762d7a0abcac8ea0458.gif

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic