Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

Just now, PivotPoint said:

Good to see you on here. I use to creep all the time in the Northern NE Winter thread. Always enjoyed reading your stuff. My avatar pic is side-country at Stowe. Sad that I'm not allowed to up to VT this year.

Yeah I am not either. My record single snowfall occurred up there of 30 inches in the Pi Day storm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ers-wxman1 said:

It’s not negativity it’s an analysis. I know I haven’t posted in here much in the past year, but there used to be some good analysis and debates, now it just seems like a wish cast for snow and trying to hug all the models that give the most snow vs not relying so much on the guidance and more toward the actual synoptic features in play. What happened to all the key posters in here? 

I think RR meant everyone else was being negative

3 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

It’s not negativity it’s an analysis. I know I haven’t posted in here much in the past year, but there used to be some good analysis and debates, now it just seems like a wish cast for snow and trying to hug all the models that give the most snow vs not relying so much on the guidance and more toward the actual synoptic features in play. What happened to all the key posters in here? 

Can i ask you a stupid question?. I obviously am aware that you know 2,000 times the amount of me about meteorology but how can you be a thousand percent sure that the models won't shift SE in the next 24 hours?. You came off as if this is written in stone. 

18 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Pretty funny right, I mean in what year would a Euro like that come out 48 hours before an event and people wouldn't be good with it? Feels like one of those cut the totals in half kind of storms though because of it saying how much snow was falling today in spots that got none but still a solid start to winter if it's true

I'm not and wouldn't be good with it, but then again I don't live 35 miles northwest of the cities. <_<

• Haha 1

Temps definitely more favorable in Baltimore. Just shift the storm a dozen miles SE, and/or have a similar temperature improvement in the next update, please. Won't take much to make me feel a lot more confident in at least getting the grass covered.

Wonder what the EPS will do in terms of clustering the lows on the members for 12z. Either way, let's see if 18z and 00z will help us out and then dive into meso mode.

Not a wishcast but just a realistic question that I hope I won't get berated for...Is it a typical track for a storm to shoot from ILM to the mouth of the bay or would a storm seek out the baroclinic zone just offshore?  I don't have the memory that most do on here with storms but it seems like an odd track to shoot up the bay then east.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I just booked a hotel in Emmitsburg, MD - just south of Gettysburg. That is a decent spot, I am hoping. 

Definitely a solid spot. Our son goes to mt saint marys and lives off campus in Thurmont. Looks like a foot is almost a sure bet up there. Looking similar here in Union bridge. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I just booked a hotel in Emmitsburg, MD - just south of Gettysburg. That is a decent spot, I am hoping. 

Emmitsburg is a very nice little town, which I've always passed on my way to ski Liberty, which is right on the other side of the border. The surrounding landscape will certainly give it a very wintry feel.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

A majority of of us have been completely starved of snow the last couple years. Analysis is fine and all, but when you've been fighting for scraps for 1000 days, you start thinking that a steaming pile of sh*t looks appetizing.

Besides, most of us don't really know all that much about the science behind it - we're just fans of fun weather.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Can i ask you a stupid question?. I obviously am aware that you know 2,000 times the amount of me about meteorology but how can you be a thousand percent sure that the models won't shift SE in the next 24 hours?. You came off as if this is written in stone. 

Sometimes I just have a hunch. Can’t explain it. 

• Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic