• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

Looking at some more specifics... I see one of the issues for us is the west coast ridge is getting squeezed by the incoming coast storm in Washington st/BC. It's hurting us because it adds a "pusher" up stream which affects us down stream and doesn't allow for our storm to have early development and close that H5 off like a 100 miles earlier. If that storm out west could slow down significantly or come in at a higher latitude, it bodes better for us imo with earlier development.

gfs_z500a_us_11.png

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

This combined with the snow map and placement of low is both hilarious and infuriating. It's literally a perfect position of the low dumping over 2 inches of liquid over Central MD and it's almost all rain. How?

That high better do some steroids before the Euro comes out. I believe that’s part of the issue anyway. If only we had it at 1040 in Quebec...

8 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

This combined with the snow map and placement of low is both hilarious and infuriating. It's literally a perfect position of the low dumping over 2 inches of liquid over Central MD and it's almost all rain. How?

It’s mostly sleet technically I believe

• Like 1

Just now, DCAlexandria said:

Definitly rooting for a very inland track now so everyone is miserable.

Nah, I'm rooting for other posters here to get some great snow. That said, it makes me irrationally angry seeing Philly and NYC getting slammed and we don't. That's pretty rare, especially in a situation like this where it's not like we are missing the precip, which sometimes happens when the low is too far east and NYC and Boston get slammed, but a coastal where it's too warm here but cold enough there.

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

Nah, I'm rooting for other posters here to get some great snow. That said, it makes me irrationally angry seeing Philly and NYC getting slammed and we don't. That's pretty rare, especially in a situation like this where it's not like we are missing the precip, which sometimes happens when the low is too far east and NYC and Boston get slammed, but a coastal where it's too warm here but cold enough there.

Yup same here, I'm rooting for our western peeps to cash in big. They got a few nothingburgers during 16-17 and 17-18. A whole bunch of southern sliders in there that completely screwed them over. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jmk said:

This is my first winter having moved from Manassas to Gainesville. I'm hoping now being slightly more west will help here.

You’ll be slightly less disappointed perhaps. I’m 5 miles NW of Manassas up 619.  Hopefully you are further NW.  But welcome to the hood.  Need to get you and Wonderdog to Atlas for a beer sometime.  

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Clown

I come in here because what happens here first usually affects me next. There are so many great posters in this area...my goodness, I have learned so much over the years just stopping in and quietly reading. And yet, some of the very best posters from this area no longer post...and it's no wonder why. Why people want to cower behind a keyboard and post stupidity is such a shame. And it affects perceptions towards the whole bunch. 

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

You’ll be slightly less disappointed perhaps. I’m 5 miles NW of Manassas up 619.  Hopefully you are further NW.  But welcome to the hood.  Need to get you and Wonderdog to Atlas for a beer sometime.  

Hugging the haymarket line, so yes a bit more north too. Here's hoping..

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic