Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Not really feeling this one. Afraid a lot of weenies expecting 12-18"+ are going to be disappointed when they have to settle for 8".  A region wide 6-12" south of the pike with 4-8" from pike northward is kind of what I'm expecting.  Haven't dug in deep enough to figure out what "northward" means.

The weenie calls of 18 and 24 were pretty funny

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I really hope no one in the New England forum was expecting those... 

It's funny you should say that. A well trusted meteorologist here in Connecticut said it's looking more and more likely to see a foot plus, he wouldn't be surprised if it's 1 to 2 ft. So, I don't think it's a wishful thinking type of deal. It is in the realm of possibility oh, that's coming from a professional / professionals as he's not the only one to say that being a meteorologist can I put time will tell. We're getting closer to the date. I'd be perfectly content with one foot

• Weenie 1

One of my worries here really is that the GFS actually catches up with the other models, has the storm go to the 40/70 Benchmark, which is good! But, as the moisture approaches it end up getting eaten quite a bit in the very dry cold air aloft. That is my biggest worry out of this whole thing. 

Just now, Greg said:

One of my worries here really is that the GFS actually catches up with the other models, has the storm go to the 40/70 Benchmark, which is good! But, as the moisture approaches it end up getting eaten quite a bit in the very dry cold air aloft. That is my biggest worry out of this whole thing. 

00z Friday it'll latch on to the solution.

• Haha 2

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not widespread, but southwestern NE could see some  isolated totals approach that.

Yea. It’s worth mentioning if things break right but no one is expecting it. Not sure what nurse dewy has been reading. Probably overwhelmed with all the snow talk while she sits in her steamed bathroom. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. It’s worth mentioning if things break right but no one is expecting it. Not sure what nurse dewy has been reading. Probably overwhelmed with all the snow talk while she sits in her steamed bathroom. 

I will admit that if I had the First Call map to do over again, I would have been a bit more reserved, but the 18"+ stuff was always implied as being isolated....its the people like him that focus on the top half of a range that breed misinformation.

Its also not a Final map.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

No.. Mountain Dew likes to stir the pot all the time. As I mentioned before.. He probably has nothing better to do and is bored with life, so he needs to poke all others to feel good. ;-)

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, Greg said:

Yes, the dry air worries me a bit also,