Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know ... is there an official metrical sort of definition to event minor vs moderate vs major event ?

I remember in the 1980s into the mid 1990s.. .back in TWC days of "weather cinema monopoly" ... and even the local TV weather personalities would refer to minor events at 2-4" .. .moderate as 4-6" and anything > 6 was major... 

Now, seems that's hugely contingent upon conditioning of culture/society ...sociologically adaptive - long words for the fact that we hand out 10" snow bombs like Pez candies since 2000 so ... Maybe that scale - subjective or not ... -- needs to be redressed.  Haha...

I think a "new scale" that is acclimated and more relative to modernity at present, might be anything 3" has to be achieved before entrance into the minor lounge.   Say 3-5" is a minor event... 6-10" is a moderate event... and > 10 is major. 

It's not just snow board climate and acclimation, either... Tech in snow removal and maintenance makes those lower values sort of outmoded - so there's a practical angle on this too.  I have seen 14" of snow between 1am and 2 pm more than just a couple of times since 2000, and was able to drive around on fairly communicable roadways ... and other traffic day in the lifing it -

That is reasonable IMO.

Guys if you look at the GFS 12z. It does show some differences that It hadn't before. The low placement is further west and stronger. The precipitation field hasn't changed with the placement of the low going more West. This is actually a good step in the right direction. I expect to see some more changes in the next two to three runs

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Just a week of boring cold weather up here.  Nice to be totally out of this one so I don't have to spend a week model watching.  If it shifts north and I get a few inches of fluff that will be a bonus.

Last weeks snow is about 75% gone.  So back to bare ground up here.

We might get a dusting, though probably not.  We still have the 4" of armorplate left after the 5th-6th event, thanks to temps never reaching 35 and almost no sun.

Man, GFS does not want it snow in CNE/NNE

And GFS consistently has cutters in the longer range.  What's not to like?  :P

• Haha 1