Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just catching up on 12z stuff after being on road all morning. 

I see the GFS is still clueless. Euro OP went a hair south but still have the zonked NAM and the Ukmet/Rgem/GGEM in between. 

Unfortunate that we have to go back to 0z, but the new GFS is firmly in the latter camp.

Know what'd be somethin' ? 

What if this thing ends up actually low end/Advisory ... and while licking prognostic wounds and dodging the usual assortment of subversive sour-grape motivated trolling practices... people are distracted from seeing the next wave becoming substantive.  That latter wave is quite coherently interfering badly with this thing and has been getting more so annoying in that regard.. Maybe as it comes in to the Br. Col coast, 'magine if it ends up coming in hugely powerful...?  

Shit..probably what happens is this wave ends up 4-6" ( not bad - won't complain...) but it'll sweep the testosterone seaward so the next one just wants to go to sleep... And we get one of those "Miller D"  - dry Nor'easters ... otherwise known as "coastal Dunce storm" ...  980 mb 70 naut Mi SE ACK with flurries all around it ...

You know, that ICON model does show another cyclogen over the ocean between Hatteras and Bermuda toward Friday because of this, which is a correction toward more of that...

See, jokes aside ..this fast progressive stuff is also highly mutable and you can get these morphologies seemingly out of nowhere - hence the lower deterministic value when one is suffering this pattern.  The whole week still could be a work in progress.. 

I'm not predicting anything just sayn'

• Like 2

Just now, Go Kart Mozart said:

No way you are out of this yet.  Good bands often extend more leftward than modeled.  You still have the Ukie going for you, and 60 hours of time.

As long as we don't have wave spacing issues, this should bump back....but need too see how much more of a comp we have w GFS first.

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I am not buying the dampening shortwave as it moves northeast underneath Long Island.  That just does not sit well with me and we could see in the last 48 hours that the trend is for a stronger shortwave as it passes 40N and 75W.

It buy it, unless the timing of things changes.

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Might  not even need to use the snowblower for this one in my area... just a leaf blower would do for 3-4" of feathers

Along those lines...decided not to buy the blower.   Gonna try one more season shoveling.   For a storm approaching a foot, will try every 6 inches.   If it’s too much I’ll buy..

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Him and winterwolf can sign a joint statement of dissent.

You guys might wilt when a model doesn't show what you want in your backyard, but I don't sway every run that changes its ideas.  I have seen instances where this happens numerous times in the past only for the last second nailing.  This storm should produce a foot plus south of the Pike, southwest of BOS.  Plymouth should see 16"+

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

time to take a break from #snow maps & peek at the dynamic tropopause (DT), which shows a deamplifying southern stream wave approaching #NewEngland Wed ngt-Thu. Less amplitude=heavy qpf struggles northward. BIG bust potential northern qpf shield from #NY #MA. #winter

ImageFrom Frank Nocera on twitter

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

You guys might wilt when a model doesn't show what you want in your backyard, but I don't sway every run that changes its ideas.  I have seen instances where this happens numerous times in the past only for the last second nailing.  This storm should produce a foot plus south of the Pike, southwest of BOS.  Plymouth should see 16"+

Without looking info up....name 5 times

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Link me up to the wilting