Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

33 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

S Corner of Robinson Street. Not far from the Dog track. Didn't matter much being on N side of town at all in R/S lines or Coastal fronts. I use to grow up wishing my Parents bought 5 miles NW in  Easton 

Not far from me. I bought my house last year in a new development basically behind the dog track... off prospect hill st 

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Tip remember the Blizzard of Jan 15 and the Boxing Day 2010? Both storms a trailing shortwave was forecasted to interfere with the lead shortwave in the overall long wave trough.  The JAN 15 storm was forecasted by models seven days in advance, they lost it within the 4-6 day window and brought it back within 72 hours as the EURO caught onto first.  The question was the interaction between the lead and trailing shortwaves.  The 12z GFS today has improved the western Rockies ridging heights, but the shortwave is already entering the backside of the long wave trough.  Again, I am not sold in either direction.  There are three clear signs that make sense...1.) strong presence of arctic air in place and locked in by a strong -NAO block in Greenland and Iceland, and 50/50 low, 2.) there is a storm present and a lot of moisture involved, 3.) someone will see over 15" of snow, questions become placement of the track of the low and eventual H5 dynamics as the system passes 75w.  Again, there will be a strong gradient in the precipitation shield.  Someone will see deformation bands, someone will have a long duration event, and OES will prolong the event!

Thanks for triggering him

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 7.25.06 PM.png

I just said the 18"+ was intended to be isolated ...its posters like this that discourage some of the pros that we'd like to attract. 

It wasn't a final call, regardless. Ideally I would have posted a first call today,  but I work and have a family, so didn't have a choice.

Jesus....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I was just saying that the existence of that feature doesn't explain the GFS' handling of cyclogenesis compared to other models that are further north. I agree that look from the 12/10 06z run was more dynamic, but it also resulted verbatim in a rainstorm east of 91.

the cyclone we see IS a response to the jet mechanics associated with the S/W - what you say has no logic or Meteorological/physical understanding ( then..).

those jets in question are different because of the interference - so yeah..in fact, it IS causing the GFS handling the cyclone -

the cyclone isn't coming from nothing - ..it's there BECAUSE of the GFS fields in the GFS - sorry... I can see this is going to aggravate you and I'll step out now ... I'll just say, you need to bone up how cyclones develop and why.  What you said, bold is precisely and exactly wrong -

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

One tic back north would do the trick for me.

Yeah you were really close to where 925mb RH started to drop off on the OP run so near the MA/NH border and northward would start having problems with LL dry air. 

12z EPS looked better up there. 

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

the cyclone we see IS a response to the jet mechanics associated with the S/W - what you say has no logic or Meteorological/physical understanding ( then..).

those jets in question are different because of the interference - so yeah..in fact, it IS causing the GFS handling the cyclone -

the cyclone isn't coming from nothing - ..it's there BECAUSE of the GFS fields in the GFS - sorry... I can see this is going to aggravate you and I'll step out now ... I'll just say, you need to bone up how cyclones develop and why.  What you said, bold is precisely and exactly wrong -

Okay, sorry my nonexistent meteorology degree isn't from an ivy league school, or even worse, that it is from Brown. So you are saying that the kicker wasn't there 4 days ago on the GFS, and now it is there on the GFS, and that's why the GFS is currently 100 miles south of some other guidance. I will have to mull this over.

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just said the 18"+ was intended to be isolated ...its posters like this that discourage some of the pros that we'd like to attract. 

It wasn't a final call, regardless. Ideally I would have posted a first call today,  but I work and have a family, so didn't have a choice.

Jesus....

That was a clown move by @Dr. Dews to post that and infer what he did 

• Like 3